TJ Dillashaw claims he did not benefit from previous PED use

EPO is an endurance PED so it’s not used to give any form of structural benefit. Doesn’t it increase the RBC & NOS which increases stamina & enables you to go longer & harder. Similar to altitude training. Even after you stop the usage of EPO, the benefits are still there. Not at full capacity like being on cycle but still way better off than before you started.

I’d bet he used steroids too but all those clean USADA tests means if he did, he was very clever about it

The benefits and builds you made during the EPO use stays with you longer after.

It’s the ability to build those gains that is the issue.

TJ is a cheater.

Gotta remember too that EPO is crazy hard to get caught for. I believe that it had to be done from a blood test and those aren’t exactly common in the UFC. Most tests are urine.

It was only absolute dumb luck that they caught him the first time.

When someone gets caught with something like this - they aren’t trying something for the first time. They have been taking stronger and stronger stuff for years building up to it. When you look at him you say man that kid looks in shape. Of course he does he can train for hours on end and keep up his endurance. He can run farther faster lift more etc. The ability to overtrain is a huge advantage. Means he can keep pace up higher and longer than others. Shockingly that’s how he fights!

So was this the first time? Did he graduate from 5mg of creatine and protein shakes to EPO once and then got caught and had no benefits? It’s laughable and anyone who gives that a moment of thought isn’t thinking rationally.

1 Like

He was clever with EPO as well. TJ was accused of cheating for years before he was caught, and it’s probable he was using more than just EPO at least up until he was caught.

piece of shit didn’t apologize to his opponents but to his “coaches” for making them look bad. I hope sandhagen ends his career with a flying knee ala MVP/Cyborg.

2 Likes

I think it was Chael that said what likely happened was TJ had it all down pat so nothing pinged while cutting to 135 but when he had to cut a lot more to hit that 125 mark things suddenly showed in his tests that didn’t normally.
Don’t know how true that is but I found it interesting.

EPO allows you to train harder and recover faster. So it may not make you physically bigger it gives you a hell of an advantage because you can train longer and more often. This is a dumbed down version of the answer though. Others know more than i do.

Lol that was late as shit

I don’t think he used it while at 135. I think he only used it for the one Cejudo fight to help him make 125. Haven’t they retested all of his samples?

Few studies pop up on google that tested epo in cycling. Seems the common theme is it makes you 0-6% better and gains diminish after 4 weeks or so if stopped. I think people are grossly overestimating the affects of epo on this forum. On ig comments it’s even worse. If you let one fighter take as much epo as they wanted for 20-30 weeks and another testosterone the one on test would be way better. People keep saying it let’s you recover faster and build “gains”. Have a link? If anything it lets you overtrain. This doesn’t = strength, muscle, explosiveness. Anabolic steroids do all that though.

Except that fighters don’t really “stop” training so the gains they made during the use are kept and built on.

If you run that course into a fight it also means during the fight you also have more stamina.

No matter what you decide on it though, it’s cheating.

It’s illegal.

1 Like

I won tons of money on TJ in this garbrandt fights. I don’t think he was on them ever at 135. He only did it to help him get down to 125. They retested all his samples too. We will see what he does on Saturday though

1 Like

Do people not think what they’re saying through anymore? How can you just say stuff to the media without questioning why you’re really saying it?

Yeah I guess I see it sort of like the Belfort/TRT argument. “It didn’t really help him in the fight”. Okay maybe it did, maybe it didn’t, but it certainly helped him in training. He was able to learn new techniques and apply them to his game and at his age/experience level, it took his game to the next level. He could take whatever he learned in that camp into training for the rest of his career. Maybe this is what will happen with TJ as well. I don’t know.

When I said stop I didn’t mean training. I meant discontinuing the use of epo. The cardiovascular system gains dwindle after 4 weeks. You aren’t gaining muscle tissue like with anabolic steroids that you hang on to. Yes it’s cheating, no argument there from me. I’m just saying people are grossly overstating the results of epo use.