TJ Dillashaw gets called out after UFC Vegas 17

In 2019, disgraced former UFC bantamweight champion T.J. Dillashaw was suspended for two years for PED use. He didn’t take a tainted supplement, or fail to read a label, or eat meat in China; instead, he shot EPO into his butt cheek. In his absence, Henry Cejudo beat Marlon Moraes to win the vacated bantamweight title, defended it once vs. Dominick Cruz, and MMA retired. Petr Yan then beat Jose Aldo to win the again vacated belt in July. 

Dillashaw's suspension ends on January 18, 2021. At UFC on ESPN+ 42, two fighters beat a Marlon and called out Dillashaw

Aldo bounced back from the title shot loss with a decision win over Marlon Vera, and spoke immediately post-fight with commentator Daniel Cormier, via a translator.

“As far as the next fight, it would be Dillashaw,” said Aldo, as transcribed by Milan Ordoñez for BE. “We’ve been talking about Dillashaw a lot. Hey Dana, make it happen.”

New England Cartel fighter Rob Font TKO'd Marlon Moraes in Round 1, and at the post-fight press conference, detailed what he wants next.

“I would love to fight that guy – big name, huge name,” said Font to Dave Doyle and Ken Hathaway for MMA Junkie. “If I don’t get that fight, I would love to headline a card – either like a big name, some type of headliner. I would even fill in for the champ.”

“It feels good to beat a top guy. Everyone was always giving me s***, letting me know I wasn’t finishing or beating the top guys. I just beat a top guy so I’m just happy.”

“A year off after injury, it was tough. It was tough – a year of sitting around the house going crazy, limping around with one leg trying to shadow box, holding the sofa and trying to throw kicks, and just practicing my kung-fu, basically. It was tough. But once I got done with the rehab, once I got to the strength and conditioning phase, I’m just happy, man.”

Dillashaw responded on his social network.

https://twitter.com/TJDillashaw/status/1340489618974654464

There was a degree of controversy with complaints on the social network that referee Marc Goddard could have stopped the fight earlier. 

https://twitter.com/ufc/status/1340463299402616832

“You know, reffing is a tough job,” explained Font. “He was going in and out, in and out, in and out. So yeah, I felt like, ‘C’mon man, hurry up and stop the fight.’ I could hear my corner going, ‘Keep going, keep going.’ I’ve got to rewatch some of it, but I’m not complaining. When I landed the elbow, I knew it was done.”

UG, with the last event of the year done, and Dillashaw slithering back two days after the first event in 2020, who do you want to see him fight first? Immediate title shot? Font or Aldo, and who more? Or should he have to fight Francis Ngannou?

1 Like

After last night, Font. 

1 Like

Font or Aldo be cool or Font verses Aldo

1 Like

Aldo, font, moraes or chito.

if a legend like Aldo calls you out though, and is obviously willing, go for it. 

Lol @ “and Dillashaw slithering back”

3 Likes

No TJ, nobody thinks you're still the champ. They all think you're an easy fight without the roids.

StrikingMMA - Lol @ "and Dillashaw slithering back"

Lol yeah that was a nice dig at TJ. 

PEDs is such a broad term.

We should always be told the specifics so we know to what extent the fighter was enhanced.

1 Like
FreightTrain - PEDs is such a broad term.

We should always be told the specifics so we know to what extent the fighter was enhanced.

It was EPO (blood doping) to boost cardio.

Font is up and coming, Aldo is hanging on but is on the edge of decline...

Aldo vs Dillasnake makes the most sense to me.  Remember Dillashaw was the one that turned Renan Barao into the Ghost of Renan Barao.

I hope TJ gets violently ko'ed 3x in a row and is cut. 

Let Dilly fight Cody again. One of them is bound to get KO’d. Love to see either of em lose

Kirik -
FreightTrain - PEDs is such a broad term.

It was EPO (blood doping) to boost cardio.

Yup, and cardio is such a huge factor for mma fights/epo sounds like very advanced ped use.  TJ can go fuck himself