TJ Dillashaw wants an immediate title shot

In 2019, disgraced former UFC bantamweight champion T.J. Dillashaw was suspended for two years for PED use. He didn't take a tainted supplement, or fail to read a label, or eat meat in China; he shot EPO into his butt cheek. The suspension is set to end on January 18, 2021.

Henry Cejudo beat Marlon Moraes to win the vacated bantamweight title, defended it once vs. Dominick Cruz, and MMA retired. Petr Yan then beat Jose Aldo to win the again vacated belt in July. Now Dillashaw wants an immediate title shot upon his return.

"I want that title fight right away," said Dillashaw to Brett Okamoto for ESPN. "You've got a guy in Petr Yan who beat someone for the belt that is 0-2 in the division. Jose Aldo has two losses [at 135 pounds]; you beat him for the title and you're calling yourself a champion? That belt has changed hands every fight. No one there has dominated. That's my belt, and I want to come back to a title fight."

Yan's first title defense was supposed to be vs. Aljamain Sterling at UFC 256 earlier this month, but the fight has been delayed until early in 2021. With Dillashaw returning in January and the next title shot spoken for, he's open to fighting Cory Sandhagen, who is game, but is less interested in former teammate and current bitter rival Urijah Faber. 

"That's a little bit of a joke," said Dillashaw. "I wouldn't mind beating his ass, but he's not even in the top 15. I'm looking to fight for a title and the guy is not even in the top 15. I guess if they made it worth my while ... I would love to whoop his ass; it would feel good, but it's kind of a joke.

"[Sandhagen] wants to fight me because he knows that's his way to the title. The title shot is mine, and he wants to fight me because he wants to fight for the title. If I have to fight someone else, it better be in the top 5."

"I'll be a three-time bantamweight champion. That's a guarantee, and it's going to happen sooner than people think."

https://youtu.be/iGmkA7ybxCE

![](upload://p5JiZiIsLrEzU9iGoGNvIUBn00d.gif)

2 Likes

No. Just no. He blatantly and flagrantly cheated and hasn’t fought in what, two years?. He should have to work his way back into contender status as a clean fighter if he can. He is not owed an immediate title shot. That would be pissing on the active contenders who didn’t cheat. 

26 Likes

No

Frederick Ettish - 

No. Just no. He blatantly and flagrantly cheated and hasn’t fought in what, two years?. He should have to work his way back into contender status as a clean fighter if he can. He is not owed an immediate title shot. That would be pissing on the active contenders who didn’t cheat. 

^MMA pioneer alert.

bows

And yes, agreed. Cheaters should never be rewarded and that would be a bad look for the UFC, both to the public and their contracted fighters. I also have a feeling TJ wants an immediate shot because he is going to struggle now that he’s under even more testing scrutiny. I think his future will go the way of the man he originally beat for the title, Renan Barao.

2 Likes
Frederick Ettish -

100 percent. Tj should have work his way back into the rankings let alone top 5. F outta here tj. 

You're not saying no to these...

![](upload://zJTOA3pbb5Oz6M3ezNxaHc21bra.jpeg)

![](upload://A7uqfU5vpa3eVPbgWoNz6NgeLfD.jpeg) 

What Dillashaw's nips want, Dillashaw's nips get!  

5 Likes

Yeh right, fight a top contender n win clean THEN u can get a title shot

I mean, maybe I’m naive but he probably wins it right? The punishment was the suspension, he served his time. I feel like it’s a bit redundant to have him run through a division when he’s probably the best in it.

3 Likes
MmmozzY -

I mean, maybe I’m naive but he probably wins it right? The punishment was the suspension, he served his time. I feel like it’s a bit redundant to have him run through a division when he’s probably the best in it.

Why not see if he is the best “clean” ??

1 Like

Yes. He was the p4p no.1 before he left. EPO or not move him up quickly he is already 34.

Tj handled the situation fairly well prior. Tj came out and admitted fault. Now is Tjs time to not fuck up again. Tj go wreck someone, anyone and then make your title shot request. For now, just wreck someone. 

4 Likes

Like chuck liddell one said, he just got caught 

It's not cheating if that didn't happen

These happen in mMa. 

1 Like

Fuck that cheater. Trade him over to bellator in exchange for bellator branded coffee cups.

3 Likes
superCalo -

Like chuck liddell one said, he just got caught 

It's not cheating if that didn't happen

These happen in mMa. 

Who was he talking about? 

He's coming off a loss and a two year suspension. There's no way he should immediately be thrown into a title fight. Prove that you can fight clean and beat a top 5 guy clean and then make your demands.

Frederick Ettish - 

100%.

His s.t.y.l.e. depended on endless endurance. Until he shows that he can replicate that without PEDs, he should not have a shot.

4 Likes

Good to see Fred! But I disagree. One fight, if he looks good in it then a title shot is fine all things considered.

FlowWithTheGo - 

Tj handled the situation fairly well prior. Tj came out and admitted fault. Now is Tjs time to not fuck up again. Tj go wreck someone, anyone and then make your title shot request. For now, just wreck someone. 

He has continued to lie and claimed it was all due to the extra weight cut for the CCC fight and he ‘made a deal with the devil’ (his words) in order to make weight there.

Cody had been saying publicly for a few years he knows TJ is on EPO and they need to test for EPO.

2 Likes
Frederick Ettish -

Exactly! What a douchebag! Don't care if he ever fights again, snake! 

1 Like