TJ v. Sandhagen prediction and breakdown

Also, TDD is also still a liability for Sandhagen. He gave up a BS takedown to Marlon at the end of round 1. The attempt to scoot was . . . not good.

1 Like

I agree with that second paragraph. Good point about TJ doubling up - he also mixes his boxing in with his kicking game about as good as anybody in the UFC. I think that Sandhagen’s style is a little more energy conserving in that he throws one shot at a time, but he looks to land accurately and do damage.

1 Like

Weird ass stare down, I was unable to take anything away from either guy.

1 Like

@Wasa-B, any thoughts?

Sandhagen by KO 1st round

I’m really excited for this one. A number of posts above point out many of the aspects I see factoring in as well so I won’t regurgitate. Long and short of it is I think Sandhagen takes it, his range being the determining factor.
I don’t believe for a minute TJ only juiced his last fight. I think he has been since Barao 1. Maybe not EPO the entire time, but PED’s. I bet losing to Dom was when he started looking into EPO. And I say all that with the confidence of a man who has no fucking clue what he’s taking about or a single source.
Sanhagen 4th rd submission

1 Like

TJ is way more complete, but I really don’t recall him using a lot of wrestling. I mean, we know he can, but has he? This is his key to victory, takedown and sub.

Besides Cruz, all fighters after a long layoff have suffered from ringrust.

2 Likes

He absolutely used it with tremendous effect against Linekar. That fight featured some of the best MMA wrestling I have ever seen. IIRC, he used it against Assuncao in their second fight, as well.

GSP looked pretty good, if you believe that the colitis was why he started appearing gassed. Meisha Tate looked good, too! But, I agree that usually fighters need a tune up fight. (Tate’s fight really was a tune up fight!)

I cant pick one here. The 2 years off and the question of how long was epo a factor throw a wrench into it.

The TJ that beat Barao was a fucking buzzsaw.

Cory is really really great but hasnt been tested quite as much even with his good wins, his best win is against Edgar who is half the fighter he used to be.

Its a toss up to me. I suspect the first minute or two will make it evident if TJ is still TJ.

1 Like

My money is locked in in sandhagen.

1 Like

I think the Marlon win probably tells us more about Sandhagen and is arguably a better win.

1 Like

Arce just demonstrated some techniques/approaches that would help TJ against the longer Sandhagen. He’d wait until his opponent threw single strikes and follow up with tight combos. TJ definitely has that in him.

I’m switched from 51-49 Sandhagen to 51-49 TJ.

Fight time! I have to get this in. I want Dillashaw to come out and look amazing but my head tells me Sandhagen is going to work him over for a few rounds and finish him in the second

I’m torn watching this fight but rooting for TJ

1 Like

You mean few “minutes”?

Why in the fuck are they showing the “highlights” when we all know he was on EPO?

Say what you want about Cody, but he told EVERYONE tj was doping and STILL fought him and paid for it.

Fuck that bitch ass cheater.

I mean, what should they do?

Show fights, but not his KO of Cody then him standing over him flexing when he was doped to the fucking gills. It’s in poor taste and shits on us as actual fans.

1 Like

I’m pumped!