TMA Your Billiards Lifestyle

When my wife and I bought our first house that had a good space for one, about 20 years ago, we were super excited to buy a pool table and have had the same table ever since (nothing special, traditional style, 8ft, 3 piece slate). We moved to a new house 10 years back and about 7 years ago we took the pool table down to make space for the older kids who wanted more space of their own. Finally decided to break it out of storage and set it up again this past weekend. so I’m pretty hyped for pool, beer, and football all at the same time in my house. I still need to finish up the setup and check out all the sticks and accessories. I have my own Viking cue that was like $100 way back when that I don’t let other people use and will prob buy a cpl more sticks, so any recommendations on ones that are cheap but decent are welcome.

So here’s some questions for you:

Do you play and are you good?

Do you play any way other than straight or 8 ball?

Are you strict about playing on a particular sized table, such as must be a 9 foot, etc?

Do you have any cool pool memories or stories, either of how you played, shots you made, or things that happened to happen while you were playing?

Do you have your own table and cue or have a place you prefer to play most?

Do you, like me, get better after 2-3 drinks, and worse after 6?

When one of my sons was 7 or 8 and just learning to play pool, my father in law and I were there and my son asked me if I thought he could make a really long distance bank shot, and told him Id give him $20 if he made it because I was so sure it would be impossible, and then he made the shot. I paid.

You won't let people use a $100 cue? Lol. Lame. 

99% of quadraplegics play pool better than me, 

when i was in my early 20s, before my eyes got old, i was pretty descent.

I won a few bar league championship for cash, would stay on the table a good portion of the night against challengers (winner keeps the table) and bet for drinks. I'd usually have so many shot glasses lined up, i'd give them away.

biggest single bet i won was a few hundred.

best bet i ever won was against a chick. bet her 100 against her skirt .. I ran the table and she was like "ok lets go. We go to my place, she takes off her skirt, we fuck, them says "can i have my skirt back" lol - i was a gracious winner and said sure

Had a Palmer cue. Sold it about 5 years ago with a leather case. Had it 30+ years

my dad taught me to play when I was little, like 3 or 4. I used a milk crate stand on so I could see the balls. I played most of my life. After I got out of the Marines I played on a couple of leagues with him. It was great to hang out with him as an adult when we were both youngish.

My ex and I played on leaves until we had kids. The new wife hates the ex and everything she did so she doesn't play, so I never play anymore. Some days I miss it but she is worth it.

If you like to play APA and BCA were fun and a good excuse to get out of the house that didn't cost too much. Just don't drink too much.

I'm barely average. In my younger days I had a couple friends that were good enough to pay their rent playing in bars.

I was heavily involved with gambling and the pool scene like 15 years ago but I sucked .always played 9 ball 

I don’t play pool any more but back in the day I used a balabuska. I have been thinking about getting back in action and driving out to the national championships and due some back room hustles along the way.

I’m lucky enough to have a detached double garage with large loft... I have my gym on the ground floor of the garage and a pool room upstairs...

only bought this house a year ago so the pool room is all new.... the table cost around £1000... it’s a standard size “English pub” table which is 6 foot x 3 foot... I have a table top that goes on top of it so the pool room turns into a poker room...

I bought the upgraded “aramith” spots and stripes and also have a 9ball rack along with the regular triangle.... 

im not great at pool but the room and what it allows me to do is priceless.... poker nights, pool nights etc....

since buying the table though I am very protective, scared to let my kids use it without me there cos.... we’ll, they’re kids!!!

ill get better over time but even if I don’t, I love the room... got a fully stocked beer fridge in the corner, some gambling and pool prints up on the wall, pool lighting etc....

Love it...

TGP -

I’m lucky enough to have a detached double garage with large loft... I have my gym on the ground floor of the garage and a pool room upstairs...

only bought this house a year ago so the pool room is all new.... the table cost around £1000... it’s a standard size “English pub” table which is 6 foot x 3 foot... I have a table top that goes on top of it so the pool room turns into a poker room...

I bought the upgraded “aramith” spots and stripes and also have a 9ball rack along with the regular triangle.... 

im not great at pool but the room and what it allows me to do is priceless.... poker nights, pool nights etc....

since buying the table though I am very protective, scared to let my kids use it without me there cos.... we’ll, they’re kids!!!

ill get better over time but even if I don’t, I love the room... got a fully stocked beer fridge in the corner, some gambling and pool prints up on the wall, pool lighting etc....

Love it...

Also, before I got the table I was telling everyone I would screw the wife on it.... as soon as I got it I was like “no way am I ruining my amazing table by screwing on it”...!!!

Josh - I don't play pool any more but back in the day I used a balabuska. I have been thinking about getting back in action and driving out to the national championships and due some back room hustles along the way.

i call bullshit *color of money* but my cousin has one. Tried to buy it off him 30+ years ago. He was the real deal. Beat Masconi once. Lost to him a lot more. Hi cue pool room on st George ave in Elizabeth NJ was owned by steve Mizerak's father. That was his home away from home

D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F. - 
Josh - I don't play pool any more but back in the day I used a balabuska. I have been thinking about getting back in action and driving out to the national championships and due some back room hustles along the way.

i call bullshit *color of money* but my cousin has one. Tried to buy it off him 30+ years ago. He was the real deal. Beat Masconi once. Lost to him a lot more. Hi cue pool room on st George ave in Elizabeth NJ was owned by steve Mizerak's father. That was his home away from home

Money won is twice as sweet as money earned