TME about Chicago

So me and a new lady friend are trying to plan a trip to Chicago towards the end of July.

Is it necessary to stay downtown? Hotel prices are ridiculous for anything downtown.

Any must sees?

TME

T Phone Post 3.0

Bump for the day shifters. Phone Post 3.0

Give a little more info if you want good tips. How old are both of you? Do you booze? Are you foodies? The more details the better the tips I can give you. Phone Post

astra - So me and a new lady friend are trying to plan a trip to Chicago towards the end of July.

Is it necessary to stay downtown? Hotel prices are ridiculous for anything downtown.

Any must sees?

TME

Stay downtown or close to it.  check out The Renaissance Blackstone, the Congrees or Embassy Suites for some decent rates.  Check Expedia and then the hotel's site directly.  If the price on Expedia and such are less expensive, call the hotel and they will match it for you.  

Tell me what kind of food you like and the type of bars you're into and I'll list a number of places for you.

As far as sights are concerned, the River Architectual Tour is a must, Millenium Park is fun, Hanck Building at night, Sears Tower during the day.  Shopping on Michigan Avenus is fun for the girls, but it's pricey and the uniquie boutique stores are crazy expensive.  The Art Museum, Shedd, and Field Museum are all great.

You can check out a game at Wrigley, but I can't stand the Cubs.  White Sox Park better in my opinion, but there's not much else in Bridgeport.

Bro, I just went to Chi last week and created a thread on the OG. Got a lot of good advice. I think it was called "Chi-town OGers, wat do?" or something like that.

Do the architectural boat tour for sure.

Wovito - Do the architectural boat tour for sure.

They serve booze on the boat too. It's a great way to spend an afternoon.

RGJuJitsu - 

Give a little more info if you want good tips. How old are both of you? Do you booze? Are you foodies? The more details the better the tips I can give you. Phone Post

Late 30's. Maybe do the bar thing once but could take it or leave it.

Definitely interested in good food and interesting sights.

AngryFoamy - 
astra - So me and a new lady friend are trying to plan a trip to Chicago towards the end of July.

Any must sees?

TME

Stay downtown or close to it.  check out The Renaissance Blackstone, the Congrees or Embassy Suites for some decent rates.  Check Expedia and then the hotel's site directly.  If the price on Expedia and such are less expensive, call the hotel and they will match it for you.  

Tell me what kind of food you like and the type of bars you're into and I'll list a number of places for you.

As far as sights are concerned, the River Architectual Tour is a must, Millenium Park is fun, Hanck Building at night, Sears Tower during the day.  Shopping on Michigan Avenus is fun for the girls, but it's pricey and the uniquie boutique stores are crazy expensive.  The Art Museum, Shedd, and Field Museum are all great.

You can check out a game at Wrigley, but I can't stand the Cubs.  White Sox Park better in my opinion, but there's not much else in Bridgeport.

Thanks for the advice.

Wovito - Bro, I just went to Chi last week and created a thread on the OG. Got a lot of good advice. I think it was called "Chi-town OGers, wat do?" or something like that.

Thanks. I did a search for Chicago and came up empty handed but I thought there was a thread.

best hot dogs in the world and awesome deep dish pizza. That's about all I know.

When exactly? There'll probably be a good streetfest if you're here on a weekend

alxholic - When exactly? There'll probably be a good streetfest if you're here on a weekend

I'm thinking July 25-28