TME about turning in a leased car

My Honda Civic lease is up in 4 months. What is typical protocol? Should I get an inspection before hand for damage. Any way to get "equity" out of a trade? Best negotiation tactics if I'm staying with Honda. Thanks Phone Post 3.0

Go to a different Honda dealer and see if they'll buy it out for you. IME when I returned my lease they were willing to do exactly fuck all for me, I went elsewhere and cashed in my lease "equity".

YMMV Phone Post 3.0

Palmala Handerson - Go to a different Honda dealer and see if they'll buy it out for you. IME when I returned my lease they were willing to do exactly fuck all for me, I went elsewhere and cashed in my lease "equity".

YMMV Phone Post 3.0
Same here. Took mine to another dealer and they wanted my business and gave me a hell of a deal. Phone Post 3.0

Palmala Handerson - Go to a different Honda dealer and see if they'll buy it out for you. IME when I returned my lease they were willing to do exactly fuck all for me, I went elsewhere and cashed in my lease "equity".

YMMV Phone Post 3.0

That's interesting, I've never heard of doing that before

I believe youll have option to buy.

Compare their offer price to the market value to see if theyre offering a good deal or if you could actually make some money by flipping it.

Well you shouldnt lease a car and then modify the hell out of it. Defiantly dont reprogram the computer and change all the settings. You really do not want to change the pulley on the supercharger for a smaller one so it puts out more boost. Defiantly do not remove the fuel injectors and put in larger ones! A torque dampener is a bad idea as well.  Adding methanol injection and cold air induction is just wrong!

Or you can do all of those things and then take all the parts off and reprogram the car back to stock 2 days before you turn it in.... i wouldnt know.

This is a good article
http://www.carprousa.com/what-to-do-at-the-end-of-a-car-lease-car-pro-commentary Phone Post 3.0

I just traded in my Civic lease. Went to several different dealers looking for the best deal. Car was in great condition in/out with 20,000 miles. In the end I resigned with the original dealer for a 42 months w/ the last 6 months free. Just paid the tax etc. I get a car allowance for work, so for me it was the best deal. Work also requires the car be with in 4 model years.

The problem w/ the Civic lease program is that there is a glut of them on the road. Limits your resale ability to an extent.

The process was smooth though. Biggest pain in the ass was the paperwork. Phone Post 3.0

Check what your car is selling for and see what your buyout it. I had 2012 Kia Optima that I did a 3 year lease on. It was selling for $18,000 on the dealer lot. My payout was $12,000 so I bought it and went down to CarMax and they offered my $15,000 for it. I decided to keep and I'm still driving it.

It depends on whether you like the car, does it suit your needs? Do you want (or more importantly) need something new?