to all the europeans here....

watching tuf, and conor mcgregor makes teh point that in european culture, you work hard so u CAN wear a suit, whereas faber retorts that in the usa, you work hard, so u DONT have to wear a suit.

is this true for teh european ideology? why is that? why does it matter how u dress once u "make" it.

personally, it seems like you are trying to show off and "look" like u made it, trying to portray an image of success for people that dont give a shit.

enlighten us europeans

There is no European culture. I'm dutch we have nothing in common with let's say italians or polacks

Mr Sudo - There is no European culture. I'm dutch we have nothing in common with let's say italians or polacks

Agree I'm Swedish I think Americans bunch all of us Europeans together but the culture between the countries are extremely different..

Like some people said there's no European culture. Vastly different countries.
The suit stuff is some nonsense they made up for a reality show.

Mr Sudo - There is no European culture. I'm dutch we have nothing in common with let's say italians or polacks

this

I am Irish , classed as European but certainly nothing culturally like Spain or say Italy Phone Post 3.0

Faber just said that because he wears flip flops and jeans to every occasion. Phone Post 3.0

walbjj - 

watching tuf, and conor mcgregor makes teh point that in european culture, you work hard so u CAN wear a suit, whereas faber retorts that in the usa, you work hard, so u DONT have to wear a suit.

is this true for teh european ideology? why is that? why does it matter how u dress once u "make" it.

personally, it seems like you are trying to show off and "look" like u made it, trying to portray an image of success for people that dont give a shit.

enlighten us europeans

There is no "we" in here. As a Finn i dont feel related to spanish or French culture.

Im Irish, I think everyone shares cultural similarities with other nations or groups in some way. It's just about how much or how little and to how much of the population it applies.
I think Europeans have more in common with each other than they do with let's say Asians or Africans do we not?
Yes we have some very unique cultural differences and as independent nations we should be terrified of losing those differences but we can still have similarities with those we are geographically and economically close to.

I wear a hoodie in the office and a nice suit for a wedding so I guess that makes sense to me. Phone Post 3.0

The suit thing is bullshit, the millionaires are going about their business dressed like Dana or Faber, you can tell Conor came from fuck all because of his suit escapades. Phone Post 3.0

started from the bottom thing i guess. suit gets associated with success/good job. poor immigrants anywhere have similar ideas. conor was on welfare only a couple years ago so he fits that type

here's jose aldo shopping for his first suit
www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrekVtN_hTw

Yup, definitely not a European thing or even an Irish thing. More of a poor to rich fast thing me tinks. Phone Post 3.0

As a lot of people are saying here. There are vast differences between each country. Us Welsh are very different to the Spanish. Phone Post 3.0