to all the haters

I posted this in the "Why the TUF Hate?" thread, but i think it's worth its own thread.

It's not even the hate on TUF that bothers me, it's the hate on the "noobs." I don't know of any other sport whose "diehard" fans complain about gaining new fans who want to learn more about the sport.
The southern rednecks stopped shitting on the people who jumped on board the NASCAR bandwagon a long time ago. I'm sure if the NHL ever picks up steam again, its true fans won't crap on the noobs for not liking one of the Original Six teams or not knowing who the 17th best 16-year-old left winger in western Saskatchewan is.

Remember, it wasn't the people who've watched MMA from UFC 1 that helped get the sport on the cover of SI. It's the popularity it's gained from all the new fans who "get it" just as much as all the hardcores do. So what if they've never seen a Shooto event? Most of the "TUF Noobs" want to understand the sport. A very small minority of them come on places like this and make asses of themselves on occasion with slightly uneducated opinions with major UFC bias, but those views should be respected, not shit upon. Ignore them and they'll go away and realize they're not up to speed for this place yet.

Brilliantly fuckin stated. 100% correct.

TTT

Don't worry about it, it's the same sad loserish subjective MMA fans you find pissing and moaning on here who make fun of 'new' fans.

Their lives are so narrow and sad that any influx of fans makes them feel vulnerable and insecure about something they consider 'theirs'.

I want this to be the biggest sport in the world. I want it to have millions of fans and fighters on salaries rivalling Formula 1.

Anything else is selfish IMO.

Formula 1, that's another one... those fans are such friggin snobs about it. It was an international incident when Juan Pablo Montoya went to (oh my God) NASCAR.

hey, its the forum, deal with it.

The truth is that there are "dirtsheet" snobs in pretty much every sport. What they forget is that they are a minority. The majority of sports fans are casuals and don't know everything about what they are watching.

It doesn't effect me really. I know better to not post for the sake of posting unless it's something I can intelligently add to. It's just that I think this forum would be infinitely better without all the noob bashing that takes away from really good posts and threads.

I'm surprised at the honest responses.

The UG is maturing, and that makes me sad:(

TUF noobs are a myth on here... the only ones ive seen are obvious trolls

"The truth is that there are "dirtsheet" snobs in pretty much every sport. What they forget is that they are a minority. The majority of sports fans are casuals and don't know everything about what they are watching."

this is very true and most of these dirtsheet snobs live lonely unfullfilling lives. Now excuse me while i watch my ZST dvd's and read the wrestling observer

It's like joinging a frat, look at it as a right of passage. It's not personal unless YOU take it that way.

Nerd!

n00bs.

NOOBS are cool, but i fuckin hate watching events with them. The most annoying thing is to have a noob saying "why doesn't he just sweep him" while Josh Koscheck is on top of a guy. Besides their stupid comments, i have no problem with NOOBS. Well, i guess noobs just don't understand bjj, control, and positioning yet. Eventually they'll pick it up.

waterbottle

TTT for NOOBS

Why the hate on southerns, yankee TUF noob?

ttt

good post

good point, but what I mean is that the oldschool fans don't seem to be getting the credit in the media.

F**k U Noob.