To the jits guys (re; vitor)

Was anybody else screaming for him to belly down that armbar when it was locked up???????!!  

Anything else he could have done?

I was! He opted for legs instead, and they pushed Bones into the cage. It was the wrong decision, and he will probably regret that for a long time! Phone Post

He wasn't gonna get jones to lay down. Dude is too tall and has a HUGE base. Phone Post

vinny showed us earlier but this:

I was screaming for him to rotate under jones like vinny did in his fight.

RPBJJ - 

He wasn't gonna get jones to lay down. Dude is too tall and has a HUGE base. Phone Post

I think this too. He's just too damn long and big (beep). Alot of guys would've ended up on the ground tapping... Vitor had it locked out for sure and I wouldn't necessarily say he did anything wrong

BrCutter -  Was anybody else screaming for him to belly down that armbar when it was locked up???????!!  

Anything else he could have done?

Yes yes yes
Diego Sanchez gif please Phone Post

I don't think he had enough room between him and the cage to go belly down.

Props to Jones, though...you can see it in the look on his face in that first pic, that shit HURTS.

i was surprised that jones didn't show better defense against it. props to him for toughing through it and dominating the rest of the fight, but he needs to drill the proper technique for defending the arm bar.

It's hard to play arm chair Jiu Jitsu coach on these things. Anyone want to tell Fabricio Werdum what he was going "wrong" to not get Vinny to tap to his armbar @ ADCC? He had that shit locked out for fucking ten minutes (give or take).

It's not that easy sometimes... Phone Post

It's hard to play arm chair Jiu Jitsu coach on these things. Anyone want to tell Fabricio Werdum what he was going "wrong" to not get Vinny to tap to his armbar @ ADCC? He had that shit locked out for fucking ten minutes (give or take).

It's not that easy sometimes... Phone Post

totally agree with you on your armchair comment.  Its easy to critique in hindsight but out of fairness to Werdum, he didnt have a proper armbar on.  If he had, Vinny would have had his elbow shredded.  

1 word...STACK!

Looks like vitor needed both arms just to keep a grip.

AK-BJJ - 
RPBJJ - 

I think this too. He's just too damn long and big (beep). Alot of guys would've ended up on the ground tapping... Vitor had it locked out for sure and I wouldn't necessarily say he did anything wrong

thumb wasnt on vitors chest. 

Yeah, check Vinny v Werdum (ADCC)and Jacare v Roger Gracie in the BJJ Worlds, that is the reason I am not too big on arm-locks for MMA and street fights, if the opponent is tough he will tough it out.

I am not criticizing Vitor, he took the opportunity that came up for him, just commenting on the reason it didn't succeed: Jon Jones is a tough son of a gun ad a great champion

vitor's Bjj was very impressive. When he held Jon Jones close to him and Jones couldnt posture up, it was a great strategy. I have not seen this used on Jones before. Jones then ground busted Vitor to create space. If jones was on the bottom , many fans would be saying it is "Lay N Pray" from the bottom , nonetheless I loved the strategy Vitor used.

So easy when practiced in a static way with a white belt with a gi on....