To True Detective S2 or not?

Season 1 was sublime. I'm wrapped up in the Americans right now but I don't want to miss TD series 2 if it's worthwhile. On the other hand I don't want to tarnish my memories of S1.

Opinions?

It's bad.  If you compare it to season 1, in any way, its completely inferior and you will be disappointed.

If you have 10 hours you would otherwise be spending at the dentist or in Detroit, I guess its an OK option.

I'm immersed. Phone Post 3.0

I'm 3 episodes in and really liking it. Episode 1 started a little slow for me, but really came together at the end and I became riveted after that Phone Post 3.0

I think it is good now, we'll see what I think when it wraps up in 2 weeks.

As a big fan OS season 01, season 02 is a big disappointment. Prepare yourself for that. Phone Post 3.0

I stopped watching it. It didn't even pass the walking dead test where a show annoys you so much you can't stop watching and bitching about it. I just stopped Phone Post 3.0

First three episodes I almost quit, five episodes in now and it's ok I guess. Don't try and compare to season 1. Phone Post 3.0

My wife and I haven't seen season one yet.

We're enjoying this season. Phone Post 3.0

It's OK, just lower your expectations. Worth watching. Phone Post 3.0

I actually like it, I'm in the minority though. Not as good as season 1, but still entertaining. Dialogue is kind of slow, but still keeps me glued to the screen. Phone Post 3.0

I'm watching 4th episode now of season 2, started watching them a few hours ago. I really like it so far. A bit different vibe than season 1 but I definitely think it is worth a watch. Phone Post 3.0

Liam VT1 _ LEMon - Season 1 was sublime. I'm wrapped up in the Americans right now but I don't want to miss TD series 2 if it's worthwhile. On the other hand I don't want to tarnish my memories of S1.

Opinions?

The orgy scene made up for a subpar season so far. Phone Post 3.0

Sucks Phone Post 3.0

Not liking it at all. Phone Post 3.0

Are you guys really disliking it that much? I don't think it's one of the best shows ever by any means but I definitely enjoyed watching it, finished episode 1-6 tonight. Seeing Vince Vaughn in a serious role was weird as fuck, couldn't get over it the first two or so episodes but then I thought he pulled off the badass kind of well. I thought the story had been pretty decent so far too.