To where and to whom might Dillashaw return?

I believe he's eligible to return starting January 2021.  Recent pics show him as being pretty yoked, certainly not looking like a bantamweight.   I suspect a lot of his PED use likely had to do with the weight cut itself just to make BW, and to a scarier extent, flyweight. 

Would it interesting to see him come back as a Featherweight?  I know he said he believes he'll get a title shot upon his return, but that doesn't really mean shit.  Certainly wouldn't set a great example. 

Where would you like to see him come back at?  I think featherweight is super deep right now and there's a ton of interesting prospects all over the map.  Sodiq Yusuff, who's 11-1, is the #14 guy in that division.   Ryan Hall is #13.  TJ has the athleticism and power to probably hang in that division, but obviously, one has to consider what two years away from the game might do to his performance. 

He could also go back to the newly-infused BW division.   There's always Cody, or maybe one day Yan.  Coming up, you have O'malley, Dvalishvili, etc., so it's at least a somewhat different look than it was when TJ was ruling the roost. 

I'm just going to assume that flyweight isn't likely happening due to the weight cut.

I'd still prefer featherweight, personally.

So, what does the UG think?  You'd might as well put your hate aside for a moment, because he's most likely assuredly coming back, and when you set aside the PED stuff for a second, the guy is a very talented fighter, so his return could make some waves if he can recapture some of his old form.

He should get right back to the top at 135 and try to recapture the title before he gets too old. 

The steroids thing sucks but I guess most are on something anyway.

Him vs Yan would be insane.

You think he’s big enough for 145? Those guys in the top 5-10 are pretty big for the weight Alex, Zabit, Max, Yair, Katter, Stephens, etc. 

I’d like to see him back at 135 against a guy like Munoz or Aldo. Maybe even Sandhagen. I definitely don’t think he should get an immediate title shot, I could see him getting one after 1-2 wins. Right now Aljo should be next, then we have Moraes. 

I think it's quite clear. Suga busts up Chito, comes back and busts up Cruz later this year; and there you can promote a megafight starting January Suga vs Dillashaw - winner gets a titleshot vs winner of Yan v Aljo. 

Probably someone in the top 10. I don’t think he deserves a title shot straight away. 

January is pretty far away, the whole landscape could change by then. If he were to come back now, i’d like to see him fight Moraes.

I’d pick TJ to win but Marlon has good hands, kicks, knees and throws nice combos, he’s always dangerous.

Both of the above scenarios are interesting. 

As far as size, I'm not sure if he can be competitive or not at featherweight.   Even with added muscle, that's not going to make him taller.  I do think he has the power, but adjusting to a heavier weight for a guy who based so much of his game of speed could be a challenge. 

That's one of the things I'd like to see.

WaltJ -

Both of the above scenarios are interesting. 

As far as size, I'm not sure if he can be competitive or not at featherweight.   Even with added muscle, that's not going to make him taller.  I do think he has the power, but adjusting to a heavier weight for a guy who based so much of his game of speed could be a challenge. 

That's one of the things I'd like to see.

I think he has a chance against every 45er. I just don't know if his chin holds up. Skill for skill he may be the best from 125 to 145

He’s said in recent interviews that he was promised a title shot upon his return to action at 135. If it’s not an immediate title shot (I hate the idea of giving him a title shot right away that cheating fuck) then it’ll be a top contender that was likely a former champ.

Someone like Aldo, Cruz or Edgar (if he beats Munoz). Moraes is an option too, but it won’t be a random contender the masses haven’t really heard of like Sandhagen, Rivera, Munhoz or even Aljo (if he loses to Yan).

Dillashaw will need to re-establish himself at bantamweight in hopes of salvaging his legacy.

TTT

If I was his manager I would be pushing to get him an unranked fighter where Dillashaw is the clear favorite.

A couple of easy fights, get him back on track, get the fans used to seeing him and if he does well hopefully root for him. Most fans are gonna dislike him so he needs to go out there and win some fans.