today in BREXIT news........

Lord Tebbit: 'We seem to be thinking of nothing but the rights of foreigners'

LONDON — Conservative peer Lord Tebbit today caused uproar in the House of Lords on Wednesday after complaining that peers were debating the rights of "foreigners" rather than British citizens.

Peers were debating an amendment to the Brexit bill that would guarantee the rights of EU citizens living in the UK after Brexit.

However, Tebbit, who served in Margaret Thatcher's cabinet, accused his fellow peers of caring only about those born abroad.

"It seems to me that the first duty of this parliament of the United Kingdom is to care for the interests of the citizens of this kingdom," Tebbit said.----

http://www.businessinsider.com/lord-tebbit-norman-rights-of-foreigners-eu-citizens-british-brexit-2017-3

He's right.

and also......

An American man has taken out a huge ad in The Times claiming to be the rightful King of England

LONDON — A man from the US has taken out a giant ad in The Times claiming to be the rightful King of England.

Allan V. Evans from Colorado, US, says that he is a descendant of a royal Welsh line from the 3rd century.

The ad, shown below in a tweet, says that Evans is "a direct descendant of an unbroken primogeniture line legally documented since the 3rd century in Great Britain and registered in the Royal College of Arms."

It goes on to describe generations of lineage, starting with a claim that Evans is the descendant of Cunedda Wledig, the founder of the Kingdom of Wales.

Evans is giving "legal notice" to all of his relatives, according to the ad, and in 30 days plans to claim his "royal historic estate," as well as land, assets, and titles.-----

http://www.businessinsider.com/american-man-claim-rightful-king-of-england-2017-3

hmm as long as he is solidly pro Brexit he can be King if he wants. Should be aware we only use the monarchy to amuse the tourists, they don't have much actual power.

Gah I am really grumpy today.

Might have to vent at you cunts later on, apologies in advance.

Marcus Agrippa - hmm as long as he is solidly pro Brexit he can be King if he wants. Should be aware we only use the monarchy to amuse the tourists, they don't have much actual power.

who cares about "actual power", the guy could make millions doing interviews, meet and greets, writing books.

wouldn't this be non-news since the interests of citizens are already law and they would have to make their own laws regarding non-citizens since they won't be using eu ones?

cruedi -
Marcus Agrippa - hmm as long as he is solidly pro Brexit he can be King if he wants. Should be aware we only use the monarchy to amuse the tourists, they don't have much actual power.

who cares about "actual power", the guy could make millions doing interviews, meet and greets, writing books.
Well shit. I've got a bit of Longshanks in me. Can I get a dolla?

I meant I'll take a quid if that makes it easier...

I hereby give my backing to Altofsky as the new rightful King of England. Just off to raise the Shires back in a tick.

Altofsky - I meant I'll take a quid if that makes it easier...

All kidding aside, if the geneaology can be established beyond a shadow of a doubt, and his lineage has a claim to the throne, he has a legit case.

RenatoCocopreta - 
Altofsky - I meant I'll take a quid if that makes it easier...

All kidding aside, if the geneaology can be established beyond a shadow of a doubt, and his lineage has a claim to the throne, he has a legit case.

No, he doesn't we have had wars and revolutions which cast aside the line he claims to spring from.

You would think this would be obvious

Lord Tebbit is correct.

And how do the British people not see the royal family as a massive burden on the tax payer?

Off with those cunts heads. Or at least redistribute thier assets

Marcus Agrippa - I hereby give my backing to Altofsky as the new rightful King of England. Just off to raise the Shires back in a tick.
So wait... Who do I get to bang.. err.. shag?

The Runaway Bay Rascal - Lord Tebbit is correct.

And how do the British people not see the royal family as a massive burden on the tax payer?

Because they aren't, they are entirely funded from the profits derived from the private holdings they grant the use of to each government, dispose of the monarchy entirely and all those crown assets remain their property.

Fuck off, hippie

this news interests me because I really like that name "Lord Tebbit"