Today's Boxing Trivia

Whoohoo! for spammin'

Anyone for the last Dempsey questions?

Anyone? Anyone?

Beautiful, I had an 8mm of that fight before VHS and the look on Sharkey's face when dempsey fouled him was priceless. He looked like Phil Silvers when things went particularly bad for Sgt. Bilko.

Tell me when to pull the plug on the Dempsey questions because I can't stand anything paying tribute to Sammy Serrano ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Speaking of Maxie Rosenbloom - who was the most recent Jewish Lightheavy title holder?

Slick - yeah, it was Tommy Hearns. I always thought it was quite a nasty quote coming from someone who seems quite soft spoken.

The "mule kicks" quote was Tommy Morrison.

The Dempsey question... Willie Meehan?

U4AE is CORRECT!

You have saved us from the boredom of Sammy Serrano and the long and artfully foul filled reign of Eusubio Pedroza.

do any of you think the brave and entertaining Danny "Little Red " Lopez would have had a chance against Pedroza?

Lopez v Pedroza

I agree. I liked Danny so much I fear that I overrate his chances. Pedroza was so smooth and confident. An absolute magician with his thumbs and laces and a surgeaon if he was wearing the old Reyes gloves with the seam on the outside edge. I alternately hated and was awed by his fouling finesse. His boxing was pretty outstanding too. And yet I always hoped that Danny's power and tenacity would win out.

3 out of 4 sounds right.

Salvador Sanchez by KO over both every single time.

Yeah, Kid Blackie. He was kin to one of those families, but I am not sure which. His dark skin came from both his parents having Cherokee indian blood in them.