Todd McShay is terrible - DRAFT THREAD.

Every time i say i know anything about college football (When i start the OG College football thread every year year) i get hell from you guys.

But since Todd MCSHAY is paid to be an expert college to pro analyst it really doesn't matter who anointed me as knowledgeable because ESPN employes this nit wit.

For the sake of argument i'll just say, i watch more college football than anyone should. I had a marriage destroyed because of my desire to watch 16 hours of college football every saturday. AND 20 years ago a friend who worked for a NFL team taught me everything about internal draft workings from a team perspective.

so....If for no other reason to organize my thoughts i'm going top break down the 1st round.

I was unclear why his being the first pick has been a real question since last August. He is so athletic and plays such a non intellectual position that his only being mediocre will be pro-bowl collibur. becasue the NFL doesn't allow players to sign with agents prior to declaring he wasn't allowed to have professional adivice from an expert designated to serve his interests. Thiose he spoke to were behind closed doors and selling him instead of servicing him. No one could have exceled under those circumstances. Now he's free to play. He'll be a pro bowler for the next 10 years. If Julius Peppers was stronger and more athletic he'd be clowney. 

jj

I prefer him to the grease ball

Greg Robinson | OTAuburn

Total specimen and can run block as well as any tackle i remember at the college level. However, he can't pass block. Like....at all. He'll improve but it's not an easy skill to learn. slide step, guys with great spin and counter moves.. It's a tricky position. If the rams are smart they'll reivaluate the end of preseason and have him ready to play guard as well. Temporarily of course, but if he's not ready an already fragile Bradford will flat out die. 

h
Pancake Syrup Ali - 

Kiper is a odd guy but so much better than McShay.

There was a guy 20 years ago that was secretly paid by every team to be a consultant. His name was Joel Buschnbaum. He was an absolute freak show. Lived in his mothers house in Brooklyn and was found by the guys at pro football weekly. Watched every game on VHS. Full on rainman

Easily the best college analyst i have ever read. But he looked like a retarded pedophile

what's the point of this thread? to tell us what you think of the picks? or what mcshay was wrong about?

Pancake Syrup Ali - 

There was a guy 20 years ago that was secretly paid by every team to be a consultant. His name was Joel Buschnbaum. He was an absolute freak show. Lived in his mothers house in Brooklyn and was found by the guys at pro football weekly. Watched every game on VHS. Full on rainman

Easily the best college analyst i have ever read. But he looked like a retarded pedophile

dbl

cruedi - what's the point of this thread? to tell us what you think of the picks? or what mcshay was wrong about?

To discuss players, draft etc...

On a side note, Todd is worthless.

In for your opinion on the Raiders picking Mack. Phone Post 3.0

chokeyou - 
cruedi - what's the point of this thread? to tell us what you think of the picks? or what mcshay was wrong about?

To discuss players, draft etc...

On a side note, Todd is worthless.

so why'd you stop after robinson? did the draft end?

Do Sammy Watkins next!

C'mon OP don't leave us hanging Phone Post 3.0

Oh Jacksonville... In the last last few years i've been criticle of most the QB's people get all excited about. Its just an incomplete transition. Best case scenario you have a two year maturation process except in rare (Andrew Luck) situations. The player i absolutly hated the most to be drafted in the first round was the guy they drafted last time. The fact the Jags thought Blaine Gabbert belonged in a NFL made me laugh then and now. I hated JaMarcus, but i had that fat cough syrup drinking POS rated much higher than Blaine. 

Which leads me to Blake. Guys, he's inaccurate.  He needs someone to really get into his footwork and motion and i don't see that coach on their staff.  IN college guys can throw to the open man, in pros you throw to openings and let the reciever get to it. He could improve and surprise me, but based on their having the worst line in the NFL, no recievers and a non qb friendly coach..I think he breaks the record for most sacks in a season this year and never pans out. 

j

Thread is crumbling....

Why didn't you do this thread before the first round was over?

Good stuff, keep going. Want to see what you think of Buffalo's pick Phone Post 3.0

Waiting for Steelers. Don't stop for the hecklers. They aren't worth the effort. Phone Post 3.0

Sammy is the real fucking deal. His qb is eligable this year (Taj Boyd) and will get drafted WAY above where he should because of Watkins and Hopkins.  Especially Watkins. He beats double teams routinely, has elite speed yet he plays faster than he tests. The only real issue i have with the pick is Buffalo in winter with QB that will never pan out. Watkins can pretty much tell you exactly where and when he'll be to a spot of the field but EJ won't be able to get it there. And the bubble screens won't be an affective first option at the pro level. 

Look for him to have a 150 yard day in first 8 weeks of the season.