Toe broke OFF

there was a tournament near DC around '96 or '97 and a competitor got his big toe stuck between the mats. the entire toe came off, leaving just the bone there. there were pics of it on this board and they recirculate every few years. IIRC, mike moses was the ref, and when he saw that he immediately mounted the guy (nicely) to keep him from seeing the carnage that was his toe.

Can someone post a none FB link? Not everyone does the 16 y/o networking thing.

alphadogg - let me clear things up. the guy doing the talking was just playing around so the other guy with the broken toe wouldn't go in to shock. he just made up that story about getting caught in a toe hold and not tapping.

truth is that he broke his toe getting it caught on the mat.

I broke a few that way. Fortunately the skin stayed on though!

JohnanthanDoe - what the fuck? What kind of funky toe hold would do damage to the big toe?

The toe hold story doesn't add up. As a matter of fact, I have been training for 10 years, and I can't think of a single submission that puts force on the big toe. Can someone explain one please?

The guy who applied the hold was a David Lang blackbelt. Nothing to explain.

Remember in UFC 1 when Pat Smith broke Ken Shamrocks toes...

Ken won... but was complaining that Pat broke his toes...

Pat smith may still be the strongest roid free person to ever enter the octagon, he's got like Rhadi type of strength

screen cap of broken toe:

http://i732.photobucket.com/albums/ww323/slo_ko/untitled.jpg

ttt for those who can't view the Facebook video

There was a guy who had a bad compound break just from getting his big toe caught in his opponent's gi pants. It was posted here years ago.

retardcontrol - Is there a video for people who don't have an account with the C.I.A?

look at the screenshot I posted. there's nothing more to see.

Your average toebar, duh.