Tokyo Dome?

Hey guys- this is a really easy question and Im sure it will be answered really quickly, but could someone please tell me where the Prides take place ? I am pretty sure it is in Tokyo- but I want to know specifically what area of Tokyo and the name of the arena.

Also-- what is the name of the legendary Judo guy who taught Helio Gracie judo, which Helio then altered into BJJ? (please correct me if I am wrong about this). And was he Japanese? Does anyone know the full story behind this? Also where can I find out about martial arts and Japan -- my main question about martial arts and Japan is what is Japan known for mostly in terms of martial arts-(ie would this Judo dude that taught the Gracies be a huge accomplishment in terms of the history of Japan and martial arts?? or is there something Japan is known for even more in terms of martial arts?
Thanx guys -- sorry for all the questions at once :(

Also did the Japanese invent Judo?

The largest Pride events, like the Grand Prix Finals, take place at the 70,000 seater Tokyo Dome which is in Suidobashi and a major city landmark.

Pride most commonly holds events at the Saitama Super Arena which is about a 45-minute train ride north of Tokyo proper and is much smaller than the Tokyo Dome, but still pretty large by absolute standard with a capacity of 20+.

In addition to Tokyo, Pride will run one or two shows a year in a smaller market such as Osaka, Nagoya or Fukuoka.

thanx plenty-- so Suidobashi is a city on its own separate from Tokyo then?

Tokyo is not a single city - it is a metropolis, with lots of mini cities over a large area. Suidobashi is a suburn within the Tokyo area.

ttt

vodka, about the Gracies' teacher check out http://www.geocities.com/Colosseum/5389/maeda.html

Judo came from various styles of jiujitsu, which in turn were derived from Chinese wrestling (shuai chiao) and locking (chin na). the groundfighting seemed to be a Japanese thing though