Tom Clancy's The Division

Word on the street is that the latest update brought it back into relevance and that it's actually a good game now. I had a fun couple weeks with it at launch on PS4. Can anyone confirm or deny this? I may get back online and give it a shot. Looking for a game to fill the void that the massive disappointment that is Destiny 2 left.

i don't think anyone plays it anymore to confirm or deny.

I enjoyed the Division but I felt like the endgame wasn't well thought out.

In a game like that, the incentive to explore is "more gear."  Going into the dark zone meant risking your loot - which inventivizes NOT playing. And it was especially risky because of competition against pumped up players who bought the latest and greatest. Someone just playing the base game is disadvantaged and more likely to lose gear. 

I thought it was a great campaign / co-op but once I finished and only had Dark Zone left, it lost its appeal quickly. 

twinkletoesCT -

In a game like that, the incentive to explore is "more gear."  Going into the dark zone meant risking your loot - which inventivizes NOT playing. And it was especially risky because of competition against pumped up players who bought the latest and greatest. Someone just playing the base game is disadvantaged and more likely to lose gear. 

I thought it was a great campaign / co-op but once I finished and only had Dark Zone left, it lost its appeal quickly. 

That's what has changed, apparently. There's now stuff to do at endgame besides Dark Zone.

I was always one of the biggest Division supporters on this board. I quit about a year ago and then came back for this new update. I built a new PC and wanted to try it out on PC instead of Xbox. 

The state the game is in now is what it should have been from the beginning. There is a lot more end game content for the hardcore players to even the casual players. Solo or group play. I mostly play solo and have managed to craft a build that will let me handle most of the content. If you weren’t a fan of the gameplay, the new update won’t do anything for you. However, if you are like me, and enjoyed the game but hated the lack of content, now is the time to come back. 

There are are still only a handful of really good builds, but there are other builds that are a lot of fun to play as well, they just are more suited to dedicated group play. The new classified gear sets are a pain in the ass to get outside of global events, but are fun to use once you get all the pieces. The current state of build diversity let’s you get creative and come up with some interesting combos. Getting jumped by 4 man squads in the DZ still sucks but there are other ways to get gear that are much easier if you want to avoid the DZ. 

If anyone has specific questions on anything, let me know, between console and PC I have over 500 hours played. 

T Sauce -

I was always one of the biggest Division supporters on this board. I quit about a year ago and then came back for this new update. I built a new PC and wanted to try it out on PC instead of Xbox. 

The state the game is in now is what it should have been from the beginning. There is a lot more end game content for the hardcore players to even the casual players. Solo or group play. I mostly play solo and have managed to craft a build that will let me handle most of the content. If you weren’t a fan of the gameplay, the new update won’t do anything for you. However, if you are like me, and enjoyed the game but hated the lack of content, now is the time to come back. 

There are are still only a handful of really good builds, but there are other builds that are a lot of fun to play as well, they just are more suited to dedicated group play. The new classified gear sets are a pain in the ass to get outside of global events, but are fun to use once you get all the pieces. The current state of build diversity let’s you get creative and come up with some interesting combos. Getting jumped by 4 man squads in the DZ still sucks but there are other ways to get gear that are much easier if you want to avoid the DZ. 

If anyone has specific questions on anything, let me know, between console and PC I have over 500 hours played. 

Well, you answered mine. Sounds like it's worth getting back into as a Destiny 2 replacement. I'm on PS4.

I played this game almost the entire time as Co-Op with a buddy, it was fucking sick. We spent forever trying to kill some of the bosses but it was a great laugh. 

Really enjoyed it, but as soon as the game finished I had no desire to play it again. 

One of my best memories of the game was some crazy DZ gameplay with a group of others that seemed to mutually work together. We were running all over for loot, fighting everything and defending positions from others that went Rogue etc. It was the one time the DZ played in a cool way like that for me.

malf922 - 
twinkletoesCT -

That's what has changed, apparently. There's now stuff to do at endgame besides Dark Zone.

SWEET

I'll come back to it when I'm done with Assassin's Creed Origins. I'm only like 15% in.

The new resistance mode is fun, it’s their version of COD Zombies. It’s also one of the best ways to get classified gear outside of global events, with the other being the DZ. 

I’ll share my favorite DZ experiences. The first month the game came out, I played a lot, and I mean 4-5 hours everyday single day if not more. I was constantly on reddit and YouTube learning the best builds, stats, guns, etc. I did the exploits and all the farming methods. I was addicted. Had a few friends that played, but none of them were really on the level I was at. Two of them wanted to experience the DZ for the first time so I offered to run them around to get loot and stuff. We had just cleared out the Library when a group of 4 came up. My two friends started freaking out because they were full of loot, I told them to relax, if something happened, just get behind me. I told the 4 man group to just move on and let us be. Well, they didn’t, they went rogue and less than 5 minutes later they were all dead and my friends were picking through their loot. They came back at the extraction just to all get wiped by me again. This was back before stacking armor everywhere was the meta, but thanks to reddit, people were just starting to find out how strong armor was. I was an absolute tank with a god rolled vector and m4. I was unbeatable at that point. I miss those days. 

My other favorite DZ experience was getting a big group together and rolling around as DZ police, helping people extract and protecting them from rogues. We all threw on our cop uniforms and just went around making rogues miserable until they left the server completely. We made a lot of solo players happy.