Tom Erickson is still the scariest HW ever...

It is true.

He's a giant and a badass. Phone Post 3.0

keiths - Nog would have beaten him. Tom would have had no way of getting Nog out of there, especially that version of Nog. He would have ended up getting tapped. Phone Post 3.0
I agree with this because at the time, he wasn't able to finish Murillo Bustamante in MARS. Prime Nog would've caught him.

In the previous fight against the Russian sambo fighter, I thought Big Cat killed him. He pounded his head into a bloody pulp for like 15 minutes. Phone Post 3.0

Racer X -

Big Cat's KO of Kevin Randleman(RIP), Brazil Open '97. Just violent.

Never saw this one before. Devastating. He was out on the first shot. Phone Post 3.0

Didn't he fight Shannon Biggs in a K1? A few more leg kicks and he would have knocked out a world class boxer Phone Post 3.0

Yeah but can he make a delicious banana cream pie? That my friends is the question. Phone Post 3.0

If he could have had a true MMA camp he would have been remarkable. He posted on here after losing to Herring and was very humble and honest. Phone Post 3.0

That's some serious power Phone Post 3.0

. Phone Post 3.0

War Big Cat Phone Post 3.0

Big Nog turned down a fight w big cat when nog was the #1 fighter on the planet. Dan Henderson stepped up on 10 days notice and fought Nog instead. Henderson was 194 and Nog 234 for that fight. Big Nog wanted no part of Erickson but gladly accepted the fight w a much smaller henderson

Ttt Phone Post 3.0

TTT for Big Cat.

The American Karelin.

2inchpunisher - Mark Kerr imo Phone Post 3.0

You mean the Mark Kerr who had it written into his Pride contract that he would not fight Erickson, That Mark Kerr?

Sean McCorkle - You guys have no idea. A near 50 year old Erikson not only used to beat the shit out of me and Mitrione on a daily basis, he once beat us both up at the same time when we decided to jump him. And it wasn't even close

Cool. What's his grip strength like

Trackman 2 - Big Nog turned down a fight w big cat when nog was the #1 fighter on the planet. Dan Henderson stepped up on 10 days notice and fought Nog instead. Henderson was 194 and Nog 234 for that fight. Big Nog wanted no part of Erickson but gladly accepted the fight w a much smaller henderson

i remember an interview in Full Contact fighter with Coleman and Couture where they were asked if Erickson was to start fighting mma, what they would do..both Coleman and Couture acted like they would immediately retire..they both acted like Erickson was going to be unbeatable..

the question is WHY didnt Erickson train hard for mma?

Let's be real here... His standup would've been a major issue for him with the level of talent that was coming in.

But he was brutally powerful and an amazing wrestler.

Trackman 2 - Big Nog turned down a fight w big cat when nog was the #1 fighter on the planet. Dan Henderson stepped up on 10 days notice and fought Nog instead. Henderson was 194 and Nog 234 for that fight. Big Nog wanted no part of Erickson but gladly accepted the fight w a much smaller henderson

Where does this info come from?

It seems that a Big Nog that would fight Schilt, Sapp, Fedor, and Crocop in that timeframe would face anyone.

I can see his managment not wanting the Erikson fight though so Nog could avenge the Hendo loss.

It is a shame we did not get to see Erikson vs Shamrock, Severn, Ruas, Coleman, Frye, and Mo Smith in the 90's UFC.

I think he would have been the most dominant 90's UFC fighter.
You saw what he did to Randleman in Brazil and you saw the Bustamante could not sub him so who could have subbed him in the UFC?

Erikson vs Rizzo/Bas would have been a interesting fight in 98/99. I have Erikson as a 3-1 favorite in both those fights.

The other wrestlers are very, very lucky they did not meet "the big cat" in the UFC in the 90's.

BJ Penn Forever - 

Where does this info come from?

It seems that a Big Nog that would fight Schilt, Sapp, Fedor, and Crocop in that timeframe would face anyone.

I can see his managment not wanting the Erikson fight though so Nog could avenge the Hendo loss.

It is a shame we did not get to see Erikson vs Shamrock, Severn, Ruas, Coleman, Frye, and Mo Smith in the 90's UFC.

I think he would have been the most dominant 90's UFC fighter.
You saw what he did to Randleman in Brazil and you saw the Bustamante could not sub him so who could have subbed him in the UFC?

Erikson vs Rizzo/Bas would have been a interesting fight in 98/99. I have Erikson as a 3-1 favorite in both those fights.

The other wrestlers are very, very lucky they did not meet "the big cat" in the UFC in the 90's.

Good post

Sadly Erikson was 36 by the time he made it to Pride and 41 when he fought Werdum.

If a 22 year old big cat walked into ATT/Jacksons/AKA today the whole HW division would be in for a world of shit in three years.