Tom Petty: underrated?

Tom Petty is one of those guys that has a crazy quality back catalogue. Watched the documentary on him on Netflix the other day and now an even bigger fan. I know he is on radios etc. plenty but I feel like nobody really talks about how talented and important he really was, a bit like Phil Lynott.

On my phone but if anyone feels like embedding Refugee, or some Travelling Wilburrys I will vote up! Phone Post 3.0

Dude's a legend and gets full credit for his music IMO. Phone Post 3.0

He's an original.  Great songs and a cool dude.

Heavy Dylan influence. Original. Very, very good.

Here's a good one.

Classic Tom. Phone Post 3.0

Not to mention his guitarist Mike Campbell is an absolute motherfucker of a player

Sirius XM Channel 31 Tom Petty Radio

I remember in college we were all hanging around drinking once and my friend put on a Tom Petty box set he had on cd. I thought well there goes this party. This is going to suck.

Just about every song was great. I was very impressed. He is an amazing talent. Phone Post 3.0

Underrated

Phone Post 3.0

yeah,

Chris Weidman made a great entrance music choice  

Maybe less appreciated by the younger generation but the dude is well respected and has a boat load of great songs. IMO everyone has some tom petty they like, even if they're not big fans.

People love Tom Petty, but most don't know it.
It may be blasphemy to some, but I put Petty over Springsteen. Phone Post 3.0

love Tom Petty... been meaning to give the new Mudcrutch album a listen (was just released a few days ago)

Saltine American - People love Tom Petty, but most don't know it.
It may be blasphemy to some, but I put Petty over Springsteen. Phone Post 3.0

Who the hell would put Springsteen over Petty? I don't know of a single soul that thinks Springsteen is even in the same league as Petty.

He's amazing, definitely in my top ten. Phone Post 3.0

lazermonkey -

Here's a good one.

never been into him, but I kinda like this one. Didn't realize it was him. maybe there are more. the nasally thing doesn't really do it for me.

Tom Petty is revered, Jeff Lynne is significantly under rated Phone Post 3.0