Tom Platz proves most are confined to a beta life

I never realized how pathetic and weak I was until I found TOM PLATZ

I like the decision to die during working out

"There's a lot in ya and if your life or death depends upon it you'll bring it out"

"At 45 squats, god was doing it for me"

Squatter's high

Jack Carter - 

"At 45 squats, god was doing it for me"

Squatter's high

"I hate to know that I gave up"

I called him to chat about lifting a coupla times in '89. Cool guy and very friendly.

Met Tom Plates at the Arnold...cool dude

Him and Paul demaeo had the best quads

Awesome thread. Amazing focus he must have. I wonder how often he did these all out workouts. It is not possible for most to work like that everyday, or even more than 1 or 2x week. 

Reminds me of an enson inoue shirt I have with the quote "at least once in your life, train with the will to die." 

GETS ME SO HYPE!

WH=hen I saw his legs on a cover of a BB book I just rented it. Amazing that to this day he still has the freakiest quads ever!

But you CANNOT train up to totally spent and a little more every damn time you go to a gym!

Inspiring. I'm pretty sure I haven't or will ever have, thst type of determination for anything.

LOL WTF.  Be well rounded. 

Lift weights.  Run.  Play an instrument.  cook.  Have a hobby.  Go fish.  Camp.  Get outdoors.  See live bands.  Have a garden or a dog.  Or both. 

Fuck this Alpha/Beta BS. 

Jedburgh1 - 

LOL WTF.  Be well rounded. 

Lift weights.  Run.  Play an instrument.  cook.  Have a hobby.  Go fish.  Camp.  Get outdoors.  See live bands.  Have a garden or a dog.  Or both. 

Fuck this Alpha/Beta BS. 

It's just provocative thread titling.

It's like a documentary on Napoleon Complex.

In a world in which we interact with millions, even at least thousands of strangers for non-famous less travelling people, specialization is the new way to stand out.

Being well rounded is IMO best for survival, happy life, balanced relationships, you name it, but we're in a society that rewards specialization.

Maybe family and friends of Platz couldn't stand his obsessiveness and he burned bridges. I'm not saying he did but could have. Yet all of us know of him by his legs, crazy dedication and all. I guess specialization makes you important to strangers but well roundness to your friends, family, peers, etc. And even then, you better be real good at something still!

ufc98newb -

Awesome thread. Amazing focus he must have. I wonder how often he did these all out workouts. It is not possible for most to work like that everyday, or even more than 1 or 2x week. 

Reminds me of an enson inoue shirt I have with the quote "at least once in your life, train with the will to die." 

GETS ME SO HYPE!

He was on a 5 day split. Leg presses every 10 days and squats every 10days