Tompkins: "Lots of fighters are coming with me"

You gotta love his attitude. He is all smiles and is a Pro at the promo....

Tompkins is a great coach!!

I don't see what's all the hoopla about Tompkins. He is a glorified cardio kickboxing coach.

fatpun - I don't see what's all the hoopla about Tompkins. He is a glorified cardio kickboxing coach.

thats funny.  so who is a good kickboxing coach to you in the US, because frankly if Tompkins was strictly focussed on kickboxing, as were Stout, Hominick, and Horodecki, they'd blow anything being produced in the US and competing on a World level out of the water.

Mohamed Ouali (Thiago Alves kickboxing coach) and Howard Davis to sharpen the hands.

Ps your funny to think that Stout, Hominick, and Horodecki can compete at a K1 max level.

fatpun - Ps your funny to think that Stout, Hominick, and Horodecki can compete at a K1 max level.
well guess what, Stout already did compete in K1 Max, and he won.  Hominick and Horodecki have both been in with world class calibre kickboxers in Shootbox.  Hominick is the most talented of the 3 and could easily compete in Max and do very well.  All 3 could, and would all be even better as strikers, if thats what they were focussing on 24/7, as opposed to training everything like you do in MMA.  

Let me re-phrase it. Do you think they can compete with the Andy Souwers, Buakaw, Masato, and Arthur Kyshenkos ?

good luck Coach.

fatpun - Let me re-phrase it. Do you think they can compete with the Andy Souwers, Buakaw, Masato, and Arthur Kyshenkos ?

can you find me what kickboxers of Ouali/Davis combination that could compete with them.?  As far as what I think they could or can do.  At this point I wouldn't see any of them beating those guys.  I would however give Hominick the best shot of all, and I think he definitely has the skills to surprise in how competitive he could be.  Less of pure talents when it comes to the striking game than say Hominick  such as (Dida, JZ, etc) have gone the distance with a couple of those.  The fact of the matter is, Sam Stout was on K1 Max's radar when he was what 21 years old, even if he didin't fight the best they had to offer, that alone says more than enough about the level he could compete at, and if he wasn't training wrestling, bjj, mma, etc, and just focussing on kickboxing things could be a very different story as to the level he could compete at today.

You make a valid point JDolo. Thanks for the insight.

that video had a weird corporate feel to it. I hope they take good care of him and ive him what they promise him.

so is Ryan going with him? It was not Randy in his corner but Tompkins at the last sportfight

JDolo - 
fatpun - I don't see what's all the hoopla about Tompkins. He is a glorified cardio kickboxing coach.

thats funny.  so who is a good kickboxing coach to you in the US, because frankly if Tompkins was strictly focussed on kickboxing, as were Stout, Hominick, and Horodecki, they'd blow anything being produced in the US and competing on a World level out of the water.
Okay, Thompkins is good and all, plus a great guy. But you've seriously got to be fucking kidding me with this?

You might want to to some research on the subject matter before making such a fanboy'ish statement. Really.

KahL - 
JDolo - 

Okay, Thompkins is good and all, plus a great guy. But you've seriously got to be fucking kidding me with this?

You might want to to some research on the subject matter before making such a fanboy'ish statement. Really.

Yes, because there is so much being put out there by the US that is just lighting things up on a World Stage in the World of kickboxing.  My comment was more than appropriate when addressing someone who had referred to him as a glorified cardio kickbox instructor.  My comment was definitely the less of the extremes, so please do me a favour and kindly fuck off. 

BTW, you also may want to learn how to spell Tompkins before you tell me to do any kind of research Jack.  Really.

Tapout already sponsors, Shawn.

Shawn had alot of good kickboxers who didnt compete in MMA as well back in the day.

the guy knows his shit and is a great technical coach as well as a great person to mentally prepare you.

He will help anyones game who trains with him.

CRE - I think Shawn is a really well rounded coach and that's what makes him so valuable, his dedication to his fighters is probably hard to find elsewere at this high level and that's gotta be a big reason for his success outside of his knowledge and capabilities.

Plus I think since he is in shape himself and coaching is his main focus and drive in life as it seems, he can do more consistent quality hands on personal work with a larger group of guys than say Randy Couture.

These are just observations and interpretations as a fan I have no firsthand knowledge that leads me to believe this, I just think that's probably the case. 

good post, you suprised me CRE

Vitor will continue to be trained by Tompkins. 

http://www.rawvegas.tv/watch/shawn-tompkins-first-day-at-tapout/8a9a699fb0abd0634167153b96656b