Tonites beer- Bells Expedition IS

A great stout indeed! (~55 degrees, snifter). A loose brown head quickly dissipates to a ring and some floating bubbles. Lacing is minimal. WHo cares? Aroma is roasted malt and a bit of alcohol... a touch of chocolate as well. Flavor has very little alcohol, suprising in a brew this big. A great burnt/roasted malt flavor, espresso, bakers chocolate, and a touch of hops to keep things balanced. Body is thinner than you would expect, but whatever. Mouthfeel is very smooth and velvety, with just enough carbonation. Well done, a great stout!

4.2/5

Cool!

Ah I'd like to try that. The Expedition is one of Bell's highest rated, I think.

Yep, sure is.

Hmmmmm.... just off the top of my head, fourth behind Old Rasputin, Stone IS and, of course, Speedway :) It's good , but those are awesome. DFH WWS is about at the same level- good, but not as good as the big 3.

Ah I knew I was forgetting one! It's been a long time since I've had it, I'll have to get it again and re-rate. I remember it as being good, but not great. Victory beers, so far, seem very muted to me. They're good, but its like the flavor is hidden. Wierd. Except maybe Old Horizontal, that stuff rules.

GOod deal :) I found a place here that has it on tap O_O