Tony Bonello's BJJ BB??

Just looking at his profile on wiki, says he has a 3rd degree BB in BJJ. Can anyone shed more light on this?

TTT for any info

Very random question about a very obscure fighter. Why do you care ?

Lol even funnier from his Wiki page.

"He then signed with ProElite and June 14, 2008, he fought former EliteXC Middleweight Champion Murilo Rua at EliteXC: Return of the King. He was defeated via KO in round one, giving him his first loss of his career. Many argue the stoppage came too early."

Watch the fight yourself.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f4EDiWxJxs4

I think Mario Sperry gave him his brown and Paulo guimaraes gave him his black. I think he trains at Ralph Gracies gym now. He is actually really good and a nice guy.

Auswilliam - Very random question about a very obscure fighter. Why do you care ?

Because he is a fighter who comes from Australia, same country I am from. So I am slightly curious.

a 3rd degree black belt in BJJ is nothing to be ashamed of by any stretch of the imagination, it's just that with his loss to Ninja it seemed like he had no belt at all.

Apparently rich parents, 90% of his fights back home were fixed, wouldn't doubt the BB was bought too. Phone Post

He trained for a while at my gym back in the late 90's. absolute BJJ - Walter Mattos and Mario Sperry! Phone Post

He payed him back though...
Albeit illegally...

For Kanabull

absoluteidiot - 

He trained for a while at my gym back in the late 90's. absolute BJJ - Walter Mattos and Mario Sperry! Phone Post

Ever roll with Tony?

LOL at early stoppage !! He won't mouth off at Murilo ninja ever again .

The Ninja fight was a real classic !

Megatherium - The Ninja fight was a real classic !

When keeping it real goes really really wrong. That fight was epic.

FIXED FIGHTS? Phone Post

People always talk about the Ninja fight when Bonnello's name gets brought up.

I think he was just trying to get himself hyped as much as anything. I have heard all good things about Tony as a person from people who have trained with him or had any experience with him. Say he is a super respectful and nice dude.

Can't hate someone for getting themselves in that mind set.

Never seen him fight, but he's got a good record , beat Hoffman and he was a BAD man. Hoffman even KO'd Overeem back in the day. Phone Post

Ninja via RapeChoke