Tony C. Catch DVDs on sale now

Once again for the guy who asked for information on the differences between Cecchine's DVD quality and Viele's:

Tony makes his at home and the quality is lower than those of Vieles DVD's. Tony makes his from copies and Viele makes his from the actual Master! Quality isn't that important to me however the guy asked a legit question and I have given a legit answer!

For a great sale price and a complete list of Tony's products goto www.catchwrestle.com

For those wondering about quality differences between the two companies, Paul Viele just posted this on another thread:

"When it comes to the two different sets of Tony Cecchine, there is a huge difference. When I produced this series, Tony had the opportunity to sell also. When it came time for him to have a set of masters, they asked for a set of VHS."

"I tried to persuade them that this was a bad idea, however they insisted and wanted to get selling. All versions since that day that have come from Tony himself have been made from a copy of a set of VHS tapes. Going from the original Betacam masters, you are already losing huge when you reduce to VHS. Making a copy from VHS is absurd. I have seen a set of these copies and they speak for themselves."

"I have not seen Tony's DVD sets. However, one of my customers has seen them and said they are terrible. I have heard the chapter breaks are bad and the picture quality is very poor. They are also DVD-R, and that's a whole other debate. As far as I know, both sets contain the same info."

"My DVDs were made from the original Betacam masters. There are replicated disks with professional cases. Hope this helps"

I like and buy Paul Viele products. My opinion of him as a person greatly differs from my opinion of his ability to make great products. However you sir wrestlingrick are a Paul Viele nuthugger. Hold on tight!!!!!!

Viele called Cecchine's dvd's "terrible?"  What a total loser.  I'll try and rip a clip from one, just to set the record straight. 

I have the WMA versions of the LAOH set and let me tell you, there are glitches and such that you would see on a regular VHS. I don't know what is the big deal about this betacam bullshit. One of my friend rips from VHS to DVD all the time and the quality is awesome, just as good as Paul's copy. The only thing I can say is he packs it in a nice dvd keep case.

I just read a thread on Sherdog's Grappling forum where a guy bought the DVD's from Tony and he said THEY WERE AWFUL!!! He said that they kept skipping and were really unwatchable. From what I understand, they were basically copies from a VHS that were really terrible, quality wise that is.

"I just read a thread on Sherdog's Grappling forum where a guy bought the DVD's from Tony and he said THEY WERE AWFUL!!! He said that they kept skipping and were really unwatchable. From what I understand, they were basically copies from a VHS that were really terrible, quality wise that is."

Yeah but he was trying to play them in a Playstation 2. He should try a real DVD player before he makes post like that!

I play all of my DVD's on my Playstation 2 and I've never had any trouble with it skipping.

Out of the hundreds of DVD's that I've watched on it, there has never been a problem with the DVD player on the PS2.

Help, I can't see!!!! There seems to be some kind of smoke screen blocking the way.

Tony mentions on his website that you should check your DVD player for DVD-R compatibility before purchasing.

He even provides a link to a site where you can check to see if your particular model is compatible.

But I guess some people will grasp at anything to bitch about when it comes to Tony C.

psycho, why would you take something completely out of context like that? really classy. keep it up.

Huh?

What the hell are you talking about? What was taken out of context? Is it the fact that I said that someone was upset with Tony's COPIES OF VIDEOS he was selling? Is it the fact that I posted where someone said they couldn't view the DVD because the quality was so shitty?

Please explain.

ironic that STH of all people is judging classiness, lol

The guy tried to play them on a Playstation 2 for godsakes. He should have at least tried them out on a REAL DVD PLAYER before slandering Tony's name on Sherdog. If I was Tony I wouldnt even exchange them if they were defective if he posts shit about my products without giving me a chance to make it right. I wouldnt be suprised if that was the competition posting that shit.

Lets be honest here.

Tony knows his shit and is teaching American Catch

Matt knows some stuff and has questionable business ethics, but was a great college wrestler and has trained some with Karl Gotch. It dosent have to be one or the other. If someone was so inclined they could learn from them both and not have to run the other one down. Alot of you guys are just trying to run Tony down on all these threads. Its obvious that Tony is good, alot of pro fighters thinks so.

Tony is good, Furey sucks. Tony doesn't talk shit (too much at least) about other people and other arts. Furey talks a lot of shit about everyone. Furey is garbage.

PS2s mostly WILL NOT properly play DVD-R's unless you mod-chip them. Ask on the GameGround or the IT forum if you don't want to take it from me.

Believe me, I wish it weren't so...