tony c question and other catch

has anybody used catch in a fight or is this stuff all theroy ,and I mean in a fight against another mma guy,not some kung fu person.

what did they use to finish

Shamrocks, Sakuraba, Paulson, Funaki, etc, etc, etc

many people from this background have competed succesfully.

Eric Paulson? I didn't know he did Catch.

All modern shootfighting styles come from Catch. He was taught by Nakamura, who was taught by Sayama, who was taught by Gotch and others.

No wait, actually I did know that except that he doesn't call what he does Catch, neither do guys like Ken or Frank Shamrock but I see what you mean.

Catch is first and foremost wrestling not a bunch of submission techniques with wrestling added in. So your question really is has anybody used wrestling in a fight? I think you can answer that one yourself...now just cause your a wrestler doesn't make you a catchwrestler but you have the foundation.

I never seen any body keep there hips low like tony and never seen anybody grab the toes from half guard like tony or from crosside never seen the reverse arm triangle into footlocks,actually I havent seen any of the moves from the tapes done in mma besides the straight footlock on your side which oleg t did in ufc,thats why this stuff is questionable especially the shinlocks and stepover toehold,the bjj guys can sweep you to a top position and pound on you.the only way you can get those shinlocks is if you do an inproper sweep,plus you are always in danger of being kicked in the face when grabbing the legs.The only move that really seems to work is the double wrist lock but its hard to get because good practioners of bjj keep the arm tucked under the far arm.Now this is the real question what if you get taken down by the bjj guy ,you cant just keylock or omaplata your way out that easy so basiclly you'll have no defence and thyen thats it.................................................................................................................hgjfhakjghfkjghkjfahgkjfhakjghfkgvbznbn,mbn,mxnbnxc,bn,mcn,mbnc,mn,mbncv,mnb,mvcnzm,nm,mnbm,nv,mbnmc,vnb,mvcn,mbnvz,mcnbm,kjfdahgkjqeiljgiregjklnjbkn,bmnfd,bnfhjkghkgvnlkdfhgklfdjklgafjdklghkjfdgkjlfdgkjfadsjhglirejhgiradkj;gjhkalgahkjfdsthurehtghr dkluthrehuitgheriutgfhrquht qiure hturqeutireqyiotuqrehythiuoreutgrejhtgjhregihjlia;gudsalk;hgioufdaiog;jioreuhgio;reah;iogrehoi;gh;reighiorehg;irehioghr;ealigheiaorgh;oiureahgi;oarehgoihre;iogh;iaorehgoireahighreaio;gyorea;hgaoirehg8orheo'ighiorehgoiprheaiogrheaoighioreaghoireahapioghreaioghioreaghoiprehapgohiorghoirhopig heroighioreioahiopgioaghiopwiopiowhghwoipiohwoiiohweiowhiiowpiowpyhhwiohioephgiorephghwioghroippowhgpiorwhigpohrepoig.....................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................if yo followed the dots you will see this post was a sacastic one and didnt mean anything it was ment to show how predictable the bjj style is.