Tony Ferguson has real potential

This kid is a stud.

Out turned out to be a better wrestler than " the wrestler ", plus the guy can box.

I just said that!

The guy has better boxing than 99% of the guys at 170.

Yes he looked really slick in his last fight on the show and tonight his wrestling looked pretty darn good.

Douche - His boxing looked better on the show than it does now IMO

Agreed, seemed like the other guy coming forward through him off ?

Yeah I'm sure his time training with brocks boys helped his wrestling, this guy is the most promising TUF prospect in recent times Phone Post

I don't like the guy but he's definitely a prospect. His boxing and head movement is in the higher end of the division. Phone Post

williepep - This kid is a stud.

Out turned out to be a better wrestler than " the wrestler ", plus the guy can box.

Completely agree.

Thought his boxing looked better on show as well, still picked him to win. Phone Post

Lots of praise for a guy who has only fought tuf fighters so far. If Ramsey and the rest turn out to be studs, then it will be impressive, but for now, lets slow the hype train down before he gets Escudero'd out of the league after a couple losses.

Yeah, I think the whole meltdown on the last episode might sour people on him - but he really does seem to have a pretty good toolset to do well. Good hands, movement, power, and his wrestling seems to be more than adequate.

I originally thought nobody on the show would amount to anything, but Tony might. If Cope can ever develop some power he might, too. If nothing else, people have a fuck of a time taking him down.

^^^^ Fair enough, that is why " potential " was used.

That said, I can't think of any other TUF guy that has had as much potential as Tony F.

i think he is one of the better prospects coming out of tuf

Boxing is for real men, Phone Post

Douche - His boxing looked better on the show than it does now IMO

That's because on the show he was fighting the human target (Cold Steel) rather than a guy who made it difficult to establish his distance.

twonka - Lots of praise for a guy who has only fought tuf fighters so far. If Ramsey and the rest turn out to be studs, then it will be impressive, but for now, lets slow the hype train down before he gets Escudero'd out of the league after a couple losses.

The only way for a TUF champ to get Esudero'd out of the league is to piss off the boss. As long as he keeps his nose clean, stays motivated, and doesn't show up fat, Zuffa will give him a long leash. Look at how long they have let guys like Stevenson, Grove & Danzig hang around. Escudero would still be in the UFC too if he hadn't got lazy and stupid.

Steve4192 - 
twonka - Lots of praise for a guy who has only fought tuf fighters so far. If Ramsey and the rest turn out to be studs, then it will be impressive, but for now, lets slow the hype train down before he gets Escudero'd out of the league after a couple losses.

The only way for a TUF champ to get Esudero'd out of the league is to piss off the boss. As long as he keeps his nose clean, stays motivated, and doesn't show up fat, Zuffa will give him a long leash. Look at how long they have let guys like Stevenson, Grove & Danzig hang around. Escudero would still be in the UFC too if he hadn't got lazy and stupid.

He could get escudero'd because he is going to have a hard time having fans. I thought he would at least get boo'd out of the building after he won, but there was almost silence. no cheering no booing. Dana will cut him if he doesn't have any kind of fan base good or bad.

he looked tired 2-3 minutes into the fight ...suprising his wrestling looked better since he got the only takedown, but he was getting beat on the feet before the KO.