Tony Ferguson: I'm a f*cken kraken, no hammerhead

https://www.newsday.com/sports/mixed-martial-arts/tony-ferguson-s-plan-for-ufc-223-embarrass-khabib-nurmagomedov-1.17592673

“I’m going to embarrass him,” Ferguson said. “I don’t want to hurt the guy, I’m going to embarrass him. So he’s got one chance to sit down, quit and walk away.”

“I’m going to put him on his back, I’m going to take him down. You think he’s been preparing any rubber guard? I hope so, but I don’t think so. He’s got no flexibility, his right knee is a bum knee,” Ferguson said. “His conditioning is weak and his body, he’s really had a lot of problems with his weight cut. So where do you think I’m going to go with my punches? There’s no secret, I’m going to punish his body. Then I’m going to go upstairs, I’m going to take him down, I’m going to go knee-on-belly, I’m going to put my hand on his throat and I’m going to hold my hand up like a [expletive] wolverine claw and I’m going to tell him to [expletive] quit.”

“I’ve prepared for this guy a couple times already and nothing’s really changed,” said the Californian Ferguson. “I’m going to bring it. I’m not going to be scared to use wrestling, and I think I’ve been sandbagging my wrestling for everyone for so damn long — and my boxing and my Muay Thai — that everybody forgot that I’m actually a great stand-up fighter. I beat one of the world’s best in Edson Barboza and I outstruck him.”

“The opponent we have right now typically is a sambo style fighter and he’s very tough and has a strong head on his shoulders, but I just see that he’s weak in so many different departments that he had to hire a bigger team and really needed more time,” Ferguson said. “If the dude was ready, he would have fought me in May, I gave him that opportunity. But he wanted to go fight somebody else. You don’t want to fight me, you never did.”

“Half of his fights were only two-round fights. These weren’t sanctioned three-round fights. His conditioning hasn’t even been tested yet. You want to go into deep waters, son, you’re going to fight the kraken. I’m no longer a hammerhead, I’m the [expletive] kraken. I’m the guy that’s going to have the longest limbs, I’m going to ankle-pick you, I’m going to put you on your back, I’m going to spin you around like a turtle and I’m going to go knee-on-belly and I’m going to give you one chance with my arm around your neck and I’m going to look at like you like a wolverine. ‘Cause I am a Michigan wolverine and a California grizzly, now when you have those two, you have an El Cucuy. I’m straight up going to put rocks in his face and he’s going to have a hard time to accept that loss, that’s for damn sure.”

“I think a lot of these fighters when they fight a guy like Khabib, they’re not just fighting Khabib, they’re fighting their following. I mean, how many million followers does he have? You can’t hate on that, this is a sport and a competition. I think we need to clean it up a, little bit, I think the trash talk has gone a little too far in some cases like McGregor, but I can’t speak for anybody else, only thing I can do is speak for myself and really, really work hard and literally do what I do best.”

“I built my academy with my bare hands, I own my own academy now which is great, I’m in a great facility, I’m in a good spot near the ocean with a good breeze. There’s really no complaints here. During camp, I’ve really had a lot of fun. I’m going for my NASM and going back to school so my kid can actually see me reading a book and doing these things so growing up, he knows fighting is not it. When he hits the bag, I’m like, ‘No, go grab the golf clubs, kid.’

“I fight so he doesn’t have to, that’s the ultimate truth. I do my thing and I’ll get punched in the face, but that’s only if I want to.”

Kraka-laacking-kraken son!!!

If he ankle picks Khabib I will be impressed.

staygreenponyboy - If he ankle picks Khabib I will be impressed.

lol Ferguson ain't ankle picking shit. Khabib is going to dish out a life-changing beating for this weirdo. 

I don’t think it’s smart to wrestle Khabib. Anti wrestle only. 

touch -

lol Ferguson ain't ankle picking shit. Khabib is going to dish out a life-changing beating for this weirdo. 

I don’t know about the ankle picking thing but I’m worried for your boy touch. 

I think tony is going to take this. 

Haven’t seen the odds yet but if he’s a dog I’ll put some money on it ( I don’t usually bet ). 

As amazing and incredible as Khabib is, Tony is just another level.

What you’re going to see here is a frenetic pace that Khabib just can’t keep up with for 25 minutes. Every drop of blood is going to deplete that stamina bar.

See Nurmagomedov bringing everything he has successfully is fine too, because he will break himself when he realizes Tony is unbreakable.

Khabib will get takedowns he will spaz out on top and he will get stuck in rubberguard with elbows clattering off the dome.

Conor Analytica said the Dagestani was dogshit. While we don’t agree, that’s a take we must respect.

touch - 

Khabib has never been to the 4th round, let alone the 5th.

I really hope Khabib wins even though I put $20 on Tony. I think given the odds, Tony is a good bet since it's a 5 rounder. This is the first bet i ever placed that I hope to lose, I can't stand Tony and his weirdo dorky self.

Really what we’re looking at here is Kevin Lee vs. Tony Ferguson was a condensed version of Chael Sonnen vs. Anderson Silva.

Some people thought Sonnen exposed Silva in that bout, similar to how Lee was successful with takedowns and dominant position. But what’s easy to overlook is that Kevin Lee was successful standing, Chael landed big shots on the feet. Like Ferguson, Silva was a guy that did it all, he could KO you with an upkick and submit you from anywhere. Tony has scored clean 1 punch KOs with his left and right hand and upkick.

Khabib is going to get sharked standing.

Deep waters.

https://gfycat.com/gifs/detail/SlimyExaltedLangur

Tony’s the transcendent talent and Khabib is the favored fighter that provides the platform to showcase those superior all around skills.

He talks like he is the highest level wrestler around. His takedowns aren’t great and neither his is tdd. Don’t let him get a front head though .

still this guy iscringeworthy 

He's been practicing this speech for a good few months now

UFC 223 Preview Tony Ferguson vs Khabib Nurmagomedov Faceoff Breakdown

Khabib is going to get mauled if he can’t get that takedown.. that’s what this fight comes down to. Can Khabib keep Tony on the ground for 5 rounds? Can Ferguson take Khabib down? Can Ferguson stop the takedown? If Khabib can’t HOLD him he will lose. I like Tony, and I think he’s going to clip and fold Khabib with some wild shit.. spinning backfist, a flying knee, maybe a ninja turtle roll heel hook..idk something crazy, or maybe a basic one two down the pipe.  Khabib got rocked by MJ, and MJ let him off the hook. If Khabib gets him on the ground though it’s going to be another meat tenderizing session from the Russian. Simple as that.. it all comes down to whether Khabib will be able to CONSISTENTLY take Tony to the ground and CONTROL him. If not, Tony wins. 

CRE - UFC 223 Preview Tony Ferguson vs Khabib Nurmagomedov Faceoff Breakdown

UFC 223 Preview Tony Ferguson vs Khabib Nurmagomedov Faceoff Breakdown - YouTube

lol what the fuck is that lizard shit

touch - 
CRE - UFC 223 Preview Tony Ferguson vs Khabib Nurmagomedov Faceoff Breakdown

UFC 223 Preview Tony Ferguson vs Khabib Nurmagomedov Faceoff Breakdown - YouTube

lol what the fuck is that lizard shit

“hello, I’m Kavaseeai, a godammed Newt”. lol

Oh boy bet the farm on Khabib

"I’m going to put my hand on his throat and I’m going to hold my hand up like a [expletive] wolverine claw and I’m going to tell him to [expletive] quit."

if tony actually does this, that would be maybe the most badass/hilarious/terrifying thing I've ever seen.    

I think Khabib has this, but Ferg can be really unpredictable and has those hellbows when it gets in close range - exactly where Khabib will be going.

That’s why this fight is going to be awesome - not really sure how it will go. If I were betting I’d pick Khabib - I’d give him maybe a 70/30 chance. The 30 being if Ferg does some crazy shit and catches Khabib on the way in or on the ground.

lol @ Tony taking Khabib down, he's delusional.