Tony Ferguson "I'm actually from Michigan"

http://www.mmamania.com/2011/6/16/2225810/tony-ferguson-knocking-ramsey-nijem-out-was-just-like-hitting-the-mits

Article from 2011. Kirik refuses to acknowledge that Ferguson is Michigan's best fighter.

Tony Ferguson: I'm actually from Michigan. I took Spanish when I was little. When I moved to California and I started fighting, everyone's a little bit Spanish speaking especially at the gym that I trained out of. Next door there was actually a little church there and this kid, he would come over, stick his head inside the gym and I was training, I guess I had a scary face or something. I was lifting weights and after that he kinda got scared the trainer made fun of it. They called me "El Cucuy" which stands for "The Boogeyman." 

Tony Ferguson: I did the freestyle thing for a little while. I never got good at the Greco Roman. I went through high school and varsity lettered, went to college, Central Michigan and didn't wrestle out there. It was a learning experience. I went back to community college at Muskingum Community and I wrestled there. I wrestled open in a couple tournaments. They're really good but I didn't really commit to a team.

Anyone that knows the fight game knew that he was a Midwest fighter. Just because he trains where the weather is better and there's more opportunities/teachers in California doesn't mean that he's not a Michigan product...Plus he runs his own camps anyway. 

PURE MICHIGAN

Kirik reminiscent of Jim Gray here

Bet the house on Khabib. CRE curse in full affect.

Where is Floyd Mayweather Jr. from?

Rahjai MD - Bet the house on Khabib. CRE curse in full affect.

These are areas where at least in those days growing up you would regularly see boxing gloves in use and fighting of some sort, slap fighting, wrestling, football, basketball etc. It's not an exclusive thing, but it's not as common anymore either. There's certain places where it's unquestionable that you will have to fight one day..

If it's not Tony Ferguson, then the best active Michigan fighter is Kevin Lee.

Kirik as a Bostonian should be more attentive to the place that produced Brady.

Boom goes the dynamite

Dunno about that. Dominick Cruz got handled by the first elite Midwest fighter he faced, who is to say that a pound for pound elite like Khabib will be any different?

It's a different area that breeds incomprehensible fighters. Boxing still hasn't figure out Floyd Mayweather Jr.

Sugar Ray Robinson was born in Detroit, he moved to New York at age 12 to live with his Mother.

In terms of fighting and athletics Michigan/Ohio are generally grouped together, despite the intense, lengthy rivalries. Garbrandt is a Midwest fighter the likes of which Roger Mayweather was referencing. 

Uhrichsville Ohio to Detroit is a 3 hour drive. 

TexDeuce - Boom goes the dynamite

Willful ignorance caused by the convoluted circumstance that most modern men do not relate to a sense of regional pride. Typically this only happened in those with Blacksmithing genetics, meaning those that would have been deemed unfit for open field combat in the olden days, so they would have stayed home with the women and tailored our armor.

But with the unstable breeding and growth provided through this comfy old blanket that is living in the USA, we have seen a rise in those that don't understand this pedestal that they preach from was built by the blood and bones of combat worthy men, the likes of which they are not and never will be, no matter how many times they sparred in preparation for a fight that never happened.

He's chaining my people. Limiting us by saying that our history is not our history. He's from where a caste system still exists, so it's slightly understandable.

CRE is the UG. It's that simple.

1 day notice

Mad Xyientist - CRE is the UG. It's that simple.

Furegeson by tko

http://www.deadlinedetroit.com/articles/3622/when_sugar_ray_robinson_and_jake_lamotta_made_history_in_detroit#.WJ0fH28rKUk

These fights were a homecoming for Robinson. He was born in Detroit as Walker Smith, Jr. in 1921 and he learned to fight at the Brewster Recreation Center. 

“Joe Louis had trained at that recreation center and young Sugar Ray Robinson would go over to that recreation center...he would see Louis training,” explains Haygood. “His two sisters had a lot of friends [in Detroit]. They were very attractive ladies. They went back to the city with him for those fights so when he fought in Detroit it was like a family reunion. It was very important for him to fight in that city.”

But Detroit was also friendly turf for LaMotta. He fought here often and had a strong following, especially within the city’s Italian-American community.

“I was a hit in Detroit,” said LaMotta. “From then on, they were some of my best fans. I had so many fights in Detroit.”

GOAT

He said "who's the best fighter IN your state?". He didn't say "who's the best fighter originally from your state?"

Respect for CRE.  All in for El Cucuy.

Turd Ferguson will emerge victorious 

CRE -

http://www.mmamania.com/2011/6/16/2225810/tony-ferguson-knocking-ramsey-nijem-out-was-just-like-hitting-the-mits

Article from 2011. Kirik refuses to acknowledge that Ferguson is Michigan's best fighter.

Tony Ferguson: I'm actually from Michigan. I took Spanish when I was little. When I moved to California and I started fighting, everyone's a little bit Spanish speaking especially at the gym that I trained out of. Next door there was actually a little church there and this kid, he would come over, stick his head inside the gym and I was training, I guess I had a scary face or something. I was lifting weights and after that he kinda got scared the trainer made fun of it. They called me "El Cucuy" which stands for "The Boogeyman." 

Tony Ferguson: I did the freestyle thing for a little while. I never got good at the Greco Roman. I went through high school and varsity lettered, went to college, Central Michigan and didn't wrestle out there. It was a learning experience. I went back to community college at Muskingum Community and I wrestled there. I wrestled open in a couple tournaments. They're really good but I didn't really commit to a team.

He is from my home town of Muskegon, MI. When he won the ultimate fighter he even said it was for his people in Muskegon.

It's Muskegon Community College referred to as the U of Q, because it's on a street named Quarterline.

Pretty sure he went to Muskegon Catholic Central and was a pretty damn good football player too.

CRE -

These are areas where at least in those days growing up you would regularly see boxing gloves in use and fighting of some sort, slap fighting, wrestling, football, basketball etc. It's not an exclusive thing, but it's not as common anymore either. There's certain places where it's unquestionable that you will have to fight one day..

If it's not Tony Ferguson, then the best active Michigan fighter is Kevin Lee.

Kirik as a Bostonian should be more attentive to the place that produced Brady.

Tom Brady is from Cali, son.