Tony Ferguson with Eddie Bravo (pic)

I just hope hes not content to go to stay on his back since hes been getting better at the rubber guard and lockdown systems. They're great but if you dont pull something off then you lose the rd and against a guy like khabib your probably only going to have a chance at the tricky stuff in rd 1 or maybe 2. If you don't pull it off by then, then you have to win every round after that or stop a guy who's never lost. 

Fight4Food -

Is eddie bravo legit bjj trainer?

Never go full retard.

Fight4Food -
JEWjitsu7 -
Fight4Food -

Well i know him only from JRE and that he got bjj gym

Welp the guy tapped Royler Gracie so idk

Well then he is legit, but it wasnt fluke yes?

Damn

Fight4Food - 
JEWjitsu7 -
Fight4Food -

Original match:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0TuPCGIZI78

Rematch:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0088BT-DfeI&t=1310s

I'm all for the guard and it saying relevant in MMA but is it me or does rubber guard get shrugged off almost effortlessly in UFC typically? I know of a couple times it has been used successfully, and a lot of high level guys use it in grappling but it seems as soon as I see a dude in MMA bust out rubber guard it is like an automatic not going to bust ass to get up and a lost round.

I love omaplata and triangle attacks but I think they are best setup while moving ur hips/shrimping, not the yoga looking stationary style 

Fight4Food -

0/10

will kerr -

I just hope hes not content to go to stay on his back since hes been getting better at the rubber guard and lockdown systems. They're great but if you dont pull something off then you lose the rd and against a guy like khabib your probably only going to have a chance at the tricky stuff in rd 1 or maybe 2. If you don't pull it off by then, then you have to win every round after that or stop a guy who's never lost. 

Uh oh

Fight4Food -

He had a mediocre bjj gym in tower 7 and capitalized big time off loosing his gym there and now has a world wide franchise.

Fight4Food -

He's the 'Coach Edmund' of the BJJ world.

2breath2feel -

I'm all for the guard and it saying relevant in MMA but is it me or does rubber guard get shrugged off almost effortlessly in UFC typically? I know of a couple times it has been used successfully, and a lot of high level guys use it in grappling but it seems as soon as I see a dude in MMA bust out rubber guard it is like an automatic not going to bust ass to get up and a lost round.

Very hard to do the things Eddie bravo advocates with all the Vaseline and sweat that starts to cover the body as the fight goes. 

"Is eddie bravo legit bjj trainer?"

Eddie Barvo had some good holds back in the day. Foot locks, arm cranks and such.

will kerr -

Ferguson is a good wrestler too. Not saying he can stop Khabib's takedowns but I don't think his gameplan is to just sit on his back. 

triforce -
Fight4Food -
JEWjitsu7 -
Fight4Food -

We all saw how the rematch went. 

Clearly we ALL didn't 

triforce -
will kerr -

Ferguson is a good wrestler too. Not saying he can stop Khabib's takedowns but I don't think his gameplan is to just sit on his back. 

I dont think his gameplan is to lay on his back either, and his wrestling is obviously good. I was just pointing out how sometimes people that train a lot of or get good at submissions or transitions that start on their back, they might be more willing to give up the takedown because they believe they have equal or better options there. Which could be true, but being on bottom waiting for a submission is like only throwing big haymakers, if you get it, great you win, if you dont you're probably going to lose the rd.

Carb660 -
Fight4Food -

He had a mediocre bjj gym in tower 7 and capitalized big time off loosing his gym there and now has a world wide franchise.

!!!!!

Fight4Food - 
JEWjitsu7 -
Fight4Food -

It wasnt a fluke, Eddie is a totally legit Machado black belt, where he fluked out is when he tried to rebrand and reimage bjj by inventing a whole new dimension of grappling that would dominate with its eccentric positions and cool hip names when it turned out to just be the same high guard that Nino Schembri had been doing for years but just jazzed up by a full time stoner.

Fuck Eddie is geek. Born Loser.