Tony Timpa...ever heard of him?

Just curious, who on here has heard of this young man?

1 Like

U mean teany temper?......if not ...no

I only recently heard this story. Where were the riots and looting then? Oh wait...

https://youtu.be/_c-E_i8Q5G0

Police are laughing as they kill him. 

All lives matter 

drywallerdave - 

Police are laughing as they kill him. 

All lives matter 

Multiple cops on the scene are basically making fun of the victim and are so dismissive of his condition, it’s really horrible…

Btw the cops weren’t called on Timpa…Tony was schizophrenic and ran out of his medicine so he called the cops to come “help him” …instead, they pretty much kill him and laugh it off…

George Floyd incident was very bad but the Tony Timpa incident is god awful

![](upload://pR5et7fym9b67MPJjT0tSywvRgR.jpeg)

This just came across my feed actually

I posted this the other day in response to someone saying the Floyd situation would never happen to a white man. Seems very similar in my opinion. Both men had drugs in their system, held face down with pressure to the back for a prolonged period. Only key difference being that these guys laughed as he died. 

Never heard of him

Dragunov - 

I posted this the other day in response to someone saying the Floyd situation would never happen to a white man. Seems very similar in my opinion. Both men had drugs in their system, held face down with pressure to the back for a prolonged period. Only key difference being that these guys laughed as he died. 

See and what was the reason these cops killed Timpa? Were they hidden racists against their own color? Fuck no, they were just fucking souless assholes that didn’t deserve to have a badge

ons ear -
Dragunov - 

See and what was the reason these cops killed Timpa? Were they hidden racists against their own color? Fuck no, they were just fucking souless assholes that didn’t deserve to have a badge

I don’t think they intended to kill Timpa or Floyd. It was just some reckless shit. Unfortunately, there are incompetent people out there. I’m not arrogant enough to think I know how they should do their jobs but it seems like both sets of cops were idiots. 

The difference in reaction between the two incidents for me is that as people we try to find motive when it sometimes isn’t there. No doubt the Timpa case raised questions into how LE deals with suspects with a mental illness on the job. Cause we just HAVE to make it about something. We can’t simply say ‘they fucked up’. That won’t sell newspapers.

The reaction of the Mom is awful. They lied to her about how he died.

Tony Timpa is the poster child for community policing imo.

Expecting a high school educated police officer to handle a schizophrenic breakdown is folly.

Under community policing this call would have been answered by social workers chaperoned by one cop for their security.

So you’re saying there is twice as much reason to be out protesting than we already knew?  Because that’s how you should see it.  Not, “hey, as long as they kill people equally with no accountability, we’re all good.”

The notion that the Timpa killing didn't recieve protest is bullshit. All the same police watchdog groups complained and the news covered it. That video you are watching wasn't offered by the police...

The difference is there isn't millions of other people with similiar experiences. This level of mental illness effects a small amount of people. Look at groups of people that advocate for the mentally ill and you will see sustained outrage over Timpa.

Another perfect reason why the cops need to be held responsible for their actions.   Just like everyone else 

1 Like
Dragunov - 

And Timpa probably never held a gun to a pregnant woman… but people protested and rioted over him like a martyr.

“White privilege” is a myth.