Too harsh on myself, or being realistic?

I'm 28, still live with my folks and am currently a freelance writer which currently pays really poorly. I've held jobs in government (policy & research) and done basic labouring work, but work's slowing down. I'm still applying for jobs left, right and center but things are getting more competitive here. While I think I'm doing my best to not be a bum, the reality is right now, in my eyes, I'm a tall, good looking real life version of George Constanza.

Now, I met this chick (bride's friend) at my best friends' wedding a month ago. Well, I met her a few times before that, but never really said anything besides 'hey!'. The wedding was the first time we really talked. We've spoken a fair bit since then and she told me she was interested in me (was fairly obvious).

I told her she seems great, but that I need to get my shit together...Basically where I was coming from was that I think she deserves a man who has the ability to give her the world and not a guy who's still trying to get a proper job. She seems to get what I'm saying, but it still wasn't the response she wanted.

So OG, am I doing the Alpha thing by admitting I'm Beta, or am I being Mega Beta by putting the pussy on a pedestal??

Don't have a pic of her (If i did, trust me, i'd post it!), but I hope a fucking shitload of bouncing ass gifs lowers the VDs a bit.

That 2nd ass made me forget everything you said. Phone Post 3.0

if she won't accept you for who you currently are, best just to move on...

Go back to Thailand, bang hot thai girls and the occasional katoey. Life will be good

J/k good luck. Hope you get sorted out soon Phone Post 3.0

Jons Forsberg - "I told her she seems great, but that I need to get my shit together...Basically where I was coming from was that I think she deserves a man who has the ability to give her the world and not a guy who's still trying to get a proper job."

you're a goddamn pussy.

I know, and I'm trying to change it. Applying to get jobs and shit as I said. If she justed to fuck, then no problem, I'm in like dildos. But that's not what she wants.

freelance writing

WTF BRO???????????

Mega beta and an idiot. A woman who wants you before you have anything is the kind of woman you can trust to be with you when you have the world by the balls.

RockTheVote - 
BrunoMcGyver - 
Jons Forsberg - "I told her she seems great, but that I need to get my shit together...Basically where I was coming from was that I think she deserves a man who has the ability to give her the world and not a guy who's still trying to get a proper job."

you're a goddamn pussy.

I know, and I'm trying to change it. Applying to get jobs and shit as I said. If she justed to fuck, then no problem, I'm in like dildos. But that's not what she wants.

does she know youre a low-earner who lives at home and still wants to date?  do it.  have you hidden these facts from her?

She knows everything, bro.

Sandy Pantz - Mega beta and an idiot. A woman who wants you before you have anything is the kind of woman you can trust to be with you when you have the world by the balls.

aaaaaaaaaand I think I've just been crushed by a tonne of bricks...fuck, i think you're right bro.

Beta as fuck.

My fucking GOD these gifs!

And if she knows everything, about you being broke as the dickens and still wants to date, why not? Maybe you two can work to better each others life. Phone Post 3.0

Make her pay your bills and shit Phone Post 3.0

Logan Stantons finger - My fucking GOD these gifs!

And if she knows everything, about you being broke as the dickens and still wants to date, why not? Maybe you two can work to better each others life. Phone Post 3.0

The OG has been great to me, my friend, so when I am unable to follow the rules I do my utmost best to do the next best thing. It's what the OG deserves :D

And I guess I should clarify I'm actually not broke. I do have $38K tucked away, but besides that I am broke...but yeh, this has given me a new perspective on shit.

Not for nothing but if u have 38g "tucked away" why aren't u living on your own? Phone Post

And dont put the pussy on a pedestal bro, in your own eyes you should be whats best for any girl. Phone Post

Crooked NYer - 

Not for nothing but if u have 38g "tucked away" why aren't u living on your own? Phone Post

Because where I live (Australia), 38G's is nowhere near enough to buy a place of my own.

LMAO christ,i would murder someone for 38Gs...you can buy a house without paying for the whole thing up front,you know that right? lol me and my girlfriend recently bought a house for 120 and put down 20-25ish