Too many movies in theaters, need recommendations

The only one I've seen in theaters right now is Birdman & American Sniper....

Here are the movies playing - wondering if anyone can let me know how they are in your opinion -

Unbroken (Heard a lot of good things)

Into the Woods (Johnny Depp)

Big Eyes (Tim Burton, Christopher Waltz)

Imitation Game (Benedict Cumberbatch)

The Theory of Everything (Stephen Hawking movie)

Foxcatcher (Steve Carrell)

--------------------------

Wondering which ones I should check out...

Just got back from 'Imitation Game'...

I hate to say it , but Benedict did better than Cooper & Keaton.  

For those who have seen it, the very end when he is looking at his computer in his house and starts crying, that shit was amazing performance. 

Also, Matthew Goode (Watchmen) was also freaking awesome in the movie.

Imitation Game was great, so was Blackhat

Foxcatcher was soooo good

I've been reading Unbroken and it's a really good book, but I've heard the movie wasn't that great

Whiplash Phone Post 3.0

Blackhat was good? I had my doubts about it...

Unbroken was directed by Angelina Jolie so I think it will be shit, I've heard bad things on it. I could be wrong, but I doubt it Phone Post 3.0

Saw into the woods.
Literally, the worst movie ever Phone Post 3.0

if you're using Johnny Depp as your judgement on whether to see Into the Woods

don't

rustyshakleford - Saw into the woods.
Impossible I didn't think anything could be worse than American Sniper right now. Phone Post 3.0

dperr -
rustyshakleford - Saw into the woods.
Impossible I didn't think anything could be worse than American Sniper right now. Phone Post 3.0
Haven't seen it yet but I also got the impression that American Sniper was going to suck dick. Seemed waaayyyy over dramatic, I couldn't take any of the previews seriously when he's crying on the phone in every single one of them Phone Post 3.0

Just got back from 'The Theory of Everything'.  A very good movie, not what I was expecting... I was under the impression it was about Hawking and his wife and how she stuck by him through everything - but totally wrong, didn't have a happy ending, never read his bio of his personal life.  But overall as a film, it was very good.  Not as good as Imitation Game, but I still enjoyed it and man, Eddie Medmayne killed it.  That dude WAS stephen hawking.

Just don't forget whiplash! Phone Post 3.0

Just got back from 'Big Eyes'  -  the Tim Burton film starring Chris Waltz & Amy Adams.  Great film !  Fun movie.  Funny too.. Based off a true story where in the 1950's a woman was a brilliant artist, but the husband took credit and sold them as his own and made millions - then shit went down and they got a messy divorce. 

Super hot Krysten Ritter in the film too.

BTW - Theory of Everything soundtrack is sick....

Better than Danny Elfman's Big Eyes, imo...

EatonBeever -

Just got back from 'Big Eyes'  -  the Tim Burton film starring Chris Waltz & Amy Adams.  Great film !  Fun movie.  Funny too.. Based off a true story where in the 1950's a woman was a brilliant artist, but the husband took credit and sold them as his own and made millions - then shit went down and they got a messy divorce. 

Super hot Krysten Ritter in the film too.

Kinda want to see this, the story always interested me. Was she really a 'brilliant' artist, I was under the impression that she was cheesey but successful. Her stuff seemed to become popular again with the same crowd who collect Velvet Elvis pictures. Phone Post 3.0

Into the woods was surprisingly great, foxcatcher was worthy of seeing. Phone Post 3.0

Whiplash,boyhood, Birdman, imitation game was good, as was theory of everything, not on par with the first 3 listed tho. Phone Post 3.0

Just got home from Foxcatcher (had to travel a little bit to a theater over in another city to get to see this before leaving theaters).

Thought it was going to be one of the best choices on my list, but although good, I found it a bit slow and the other ones were superior so far... Not that the film is bad, I actually enjoyed it and found it a truly DARK film.  The psychopath Du Pont was fascinating. 

Tatum actually was good in this, I usually think he's retarded and can't act worth shit, but he had the mannerisms down of the real life Mark Schultz.

Ruffalo fucking killed it though.  Fucking Hulk is so damn good in everything he does... 

Carell movie role of his career, shows volumes about his acting range. 

Good movie, overall.

I'm going to see either Unbroken or Into the Woods tomorrow.

I watched into the woods. Well most of it.... It was truly terrible Phone Post 3.0