Too many weight classes confirmed

So Cejudo wins the 125 belt, and immediately wants to move up? I thought 10 lbs was so important? So risky? Guy doesn't even want to give the former champ his rematch.

Just drop 125. It's not worth having.

Couldn't agree more. 

seems to be all scripted to end the division for good.

I agree 

Keep 125, add 165, sign some more HW’s, get rid of WMMA in the UFC.

Lots of great wrestlers, boxers, kickboxers, BJJ guys can make 125, they deserve a title to fight for.

Now for WMMA… UFC has a FW belt and they have like two athletes in the division and Bellator has 3.

Current talent pool of WMMA is only mature enought for an Invicta or Jewels.

BJ Penn Forever - Lots of great wrestlers, boxers, kickboxers, BJJ guys can make 125, they deserve a title to fight for.

Now for WMMA… UFC has a FW belt and they have like two athletes in the division and Bellator has 3.

So what if they can make 125?

Why don’t they just fight at 135? 

The champ, Cejudo, doesn’t even think 125 is worth defending. He thinks moving up to 135 is no sweat.

dangerboy12 - 
BJ Penn Forever - Lots of great wrestlers, boxers, kickboxers, BJJ guys can make 125, they deserve a title to fight for.

The champ, Cejudo, doesn’t even think 125 is worth defending. He thinks moving up to 135 is no sweat.

Why don’t FlW’s just fight at LW? I see what you are saying but 125 is not the problem, it exists (ballpark) in wrestling, boxing, kickboxing, judo, BJJ, etc…

They need to smooth the upper classes a bit. Add 165, add something between middle and welter.

Henry is huge for 125 keep that in mind. I'm not sure he can keep doing that cut. He's probably not a natural 125 guy, it's like conor at 145.

BJ Penn Forever -
dangerboy12 - 

Why don’t FlW’s just fight at LW? I see what you are saying but 125 is not the problem, it exists (ballpark) in wrestling, boxing, kickboxing, judo, BJJ, etc…

I’m also not talking just about 125.

Imo mma should have the following weight classes:

130, 150, 170, 190, 210, HW

As dedicated as these athletes are, they should be able to put on functional muscle mass in order to fight at a little higher weight than what would be ideal.

With classes at every 10 lbs, guys would much rather cut an extra 10 lbs than bulk up an extra 5.

It’s just counter intuitive to make yourself smaller and weaker in order to become a better fighter.

The only reason Cejudo fought at 125 is to get an easy belt so he can go for multiple world titles. Same reason McGregor fought at 145. I think Sean O'Malley might be another up and coming guy that's fighting at a very low weight class because he has sights for multiple titles.

dangerboy12 -

So Cejudo wins the 125 belt, and immediately wants to move up? I thought 10 lbs was so important? So risky? Guy doesn't even want to give the former champ his rematch.

Just drop 125. It's not worth having.

You may be correct on there being too many weight classes but Cejudo wanting to fight for a second title does absolutely nothing to prove it.

oranos - 

seems to be all scripted to end the division for good.

hopefully … give us 165 instead

dangerboy12 -
BJ Penn Forever -
dangerboy12 - 

As dedicated as these athletes are, they should be able to put on functional muscle mass in order to fight at a little higher weight than what would be ideal.

With classes at every 10 lbs, guys would much rather cut an extra 10 lbs than bulk up an extra 5.

It’s just counter intuitive to make yourself smaller and weaker in order to become a better fighter.

Lol what an awful suggestion. Ya guys can bulk up but they’ll always be at a disadvantage to naturally bigger guys. See Conor vs Diaz or the issues gsp had getting to 185.

Whambo -
dangerboy12 -
BJ Penn Forever -
dangerboy12 - 

Lol what an awful suggestion. Ya guys can bulk up but they’ll always be at a disadvantage to naturally bigger guys. See Conor vs Diaz or the issues gsp had getting to 185.

Yeah. Daniel Cormier is at such a disadvantage. Frankie Edgar was always at such a disadvantage. Young BJ Penn was always at such a disadvantage. Anthony Johnson has done so poorly since he went from 170 to 205.

Give me a break. If you are a true fighter, and want to fight, and want to be the best, you ain’t gonna cry over a guy being naturally a little bigger than you.

The weight classes are from 15 years ago when they had a roster of 100. Now it's around 600, update your weight classes