Took my first guitar lesson AMA.

I've been playing for close to 15 years with no lessons. I played piano as a kid but never took formal guitar lessons. Figured I needed to get better somehow and lessons seemed the way to go.

AMA Phone Post 3.0

Are you as good as jimmy Hebdrix yet? Phone Post 3.0

I have been playing for years with never taking a lesson and singing my whole life with never a lesson. Overrated or  I need to take some lessons?

Jeon Sa - Are you as good as jimmy Hebdrix yet? Phone Post 3.0
Far from it although I realized I'm not nearly the "hack" I have claimed to be. Phone Post 3.0

Can you explain what you learned today? Phone Post

DKielbasa -

I have been playing for years with never taking a lesson and singing my whole life with never a lesson. Overrated or  I need to take some lessons?

I have a Grade 5 classical piano with sole classical voice training so a lot of knowledge and theory. What I realized was how much my playing had been suffering cause I didn't understand the fundamentals of the instrument.

If you can find a good teacher I'd highly recommend lessons. Phone Post 3.0

reagan123 - Can you explain what you learned today? Phone Post
Not sure. We basically doodled around Blues in E and he showed me the little things that I had been missing that really transformed my playing.

I have to work/learn flat picking cause that will really open up my playing.

I'd rate myself as a decent rhythm player but after today I'd say I have a lot of worn to go. Phone Post 3.0

Nothing else? Phone Post 3.0

Authority Figure -

Nah. Think two aging metal heads jamming on blues in E.

Very un-metal. Phone Post 3.0

PS - VUs for all askers. Phone Post 3.0

You've been playing for 15 years so I'm going to go ahead and assume you're pretty good. Where did you go for lessons? Did you feel that you knew more than the teacher? How much did the lesson cost? Phone Post 3.0

garrote - You've been playing for 15 years so I'm going to go ahead and assume you're pretty good. Where did you go for lessons? Did you feel that you knew more than the teacher? How much did the lesson cost? Phone Post 3.0
I'm an okay rhythm player but I get lost on the neck when I'm trying to noodle if that makes sense.

I picked up the guitar with the intent to be camp fire good and I think I'm there and then some.

He was a young guy who could solidly play I was pretty impressed. And for $25 for a half hour it was a good purchase. Phone Post 3.0

Have you ever played guitar before?

What's your favourite string? Phone Post 3.0

Bucephalus - Have you ever played guitar before?

Yup, see first post.

Outlaw'd by Lytle - What's your favourite string? Phone Post 3.0

D?

Do you play grandpas guitars? Phone Post

Joash - 

Do you play grandpas guitars? Phone Post

I did announce that I was, "heres for my pianos lessons" when I arrived but they didn't get it.

:-(

Do you plan on taking them for awhile, or are you only going to take a few? Phone Post