"Top 10 " Etiquette/Rules Poster for Gym ideas?

I am trying to come up with a list of ten "Rules of the Road" poster for my new gym.  I want it to concisely reflect both basic class etiquette and overall gym philosophy.  I have a few ideas down, but I wanted to get some other opinions to see if there is anything I'm missing.  What would your ideal Top Ten list on the wall for new students and visitors look like?  Thanks!

Rule 1: don't be a pussy
Rule 2: wash your shit
Rule 3: tap
Rule 4: this ain't checkers (see rule 1) Phone Post 3.0

Are you looking for basic "clip your fingernails" type shit or stuff that's more clever/inspirational Phone Post 3.0

I've got the fingernail clipping covered. :) Give me your credos, your huddled masses... Phone Post 3.0

Some version of the "a blackbelt has tapped 10,000 times" adage should be on there Phone Post 3.0

It's only gay if you make eye contact.

A friend of mine popped into Marcelo's in NYC a few years ago and said they had a sign up that said something like "we are a team, therefore we all do the same warm up, we all do the same drills, the same techniques etc". I really liked that, as I hate it when students think they're too good to join in the warm up with everyone else, or decide to train something different from the rest of the class. Being injured and unable to perform certain exercises or techniques is one thing, but to just decide to do something else because you feel like it wrong.

James

Tatami Fightwear already produce one. I'll check of its still on the site. Phone Post 3.0

Yeah, it could be a ten commandments of bjj. Needs to be stuff that must be respected regardless of the academy, nit stuff that varies by academy (like asking senior grades to roll)

1) Respect the tap
2) no shoes on the mat
3) respect your training partner
4) take responsibility for your own personal hygiene (self imposed ban for staph/ringworm)
5) tap and train another round / no egos
6) respect the instructor
7) represent your club with integrity (covers behaviour in streets and comps)
8) no wet willies (cant think of any more...) Phone Post 3.0

9) No wedgies (atomic or non-atomic)
10) Wash your belt (that's right, I went there!)

11) no self-financed rap careers Phone Post 3.0

Should I be afraid to ask what "wet willies" are?

Lick your finger and stick it in someones ear. Its pretty much one of the most high percentage submissions you can do in junior school along with Chinese Burns Phone Post 3.0

Lower belts should not ask higher belts to roll Phone Post 3.0

Winning a roll is not more important than your training partner's health.

Sir Taps - A friend of mine popped into Marcelo's in NYC a few years ago and said they had a sign up that said something like "we are a team, therefore we all do the same warm up, we all do the same drills, the same techniques etc". I really liked that, as I hate it when students think they're too good to join in the warm up with everyone else, or decide to train something different from the rest of the class. Being injured and unable to perform certain exercises or techniques is one thing, but to just decide to do something else because you feel like it wrong.

James

I love this!

http://www.tatamifightwear.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=patronsbanner

try that as a suggestion!

That's the link (I forgot to post!!!) Phone Post 3.0

Here's what is posted at Marcelo's academy in NYC:

(I took this as I was going to make my own poster for my school- I might have changed a few words around)

General Etiquette:

We strive to maintain a positive atmosphere and sense of community here at our BJJ academy.

Here’s how you can help:

· Please come to class with a positive attitude and remember to greet your instructors and classmates

· Make new students and visitors feel welcome in our Academy; introduce yourself!

· Remove all jewelry and make up prior to class.

· If you are late for class, please ask for permission to participate from the instructor.

· ‘Participation’ in class requires that you are involved in every portion of the class. Specifically: the warm up, technique and drilling, and live training. If you are injured and cannot participate in a portion of the class, please discuss this with an instructor beforehand.

· Small children should be supervised at all times and are not allowed to climb, run around, or play loudly while class is in session.

· Talking on the benches should be quiet and kept to a minimum when class is in sessions.

Hygiene:
We are committed to maintaining a clean, safe martial arts school. Lets work together to keep our space hygenic. Here’s how you can help:

· Remove all outdoor footwear before stepping on the mat.

· Wash your training gear after every class; keep your toenails and finger nails trimmed and clean; long hair should be pulled back or braided; offensive body odor will not be tolerated.

· If you have any type illness or skin infection, please be considerate of your peers and stay off the mats.

· If you are scratched during training, please clean and cover the wound before continuing. If you notice blood on the mat, please notify the instructor so it is washed and disinfected immediately.

· We highly recommend you shower immediately after class, as this has been shown to greatly reduce the possibility of skin infection. You are welcome to shower before class as well.

· Please pick up after yourselves both on and off the mat.

Abiding by these Guidelines will keep this academy a clean and enjoyable place to train.

Please do your part as a valued member of the family.

Thank You

Thanks guys, great suggestions! Phone Post 3.0