3. Anderson Silva - MW #1

4. Demetrious Johnson - FLW #1

5. Jose Aldo - FW #1

6. Khabib Nurmagomedov - LW #1

7. Fedor Emelianenko - HW #1

8. Stipe Miocic

9. Daniel Cormier

10. Kamaru Usman

Interesting list. I actually like it for the most part and would only make a few shifts. Nice to see my boy Fedor despite all he’s been through and still going through at 46 didn’t fall too far from his #1 perch due to recency bias and fighting too long and is at #7 but still #1 HW all time. That will ruffle some new haters feathers who missed his Prime Run live.

Usman I believe is the only fighter who in just slightly under 10 years… went from 0 Pro Fights to the #10 Ranked MMA Fighter of All Time and possibly rising further. That is really impressive.

Some guys left out who fought on too late like BJ but they used to always be in the conversation but the bad memories of the late career hurt their standing. He currently stands at #16 on their list.

Wild that Randy Couture is listed at #11 just outside the list. With a record of 19-11 it really highlights the difference between MMA and boxing and how we value the accolades and quality of competition much more than an clean but relatively untested record.

Conor ranked at #20 is also interesting. And sorry to the Cringe Cejudo who is at a respectable #15 but stopped to early be ranked like some of these war dogs who been grinding for way longer in this game.

Great question. It looks like they take an average of users lists to come up with this. It will always be an ever evolving and endless debate but I thought theirs was interesting to see.

DC doesn’t deserve to be on that list, especially above Usman.

3 Likes

Fightmatrix’s math-derived list:

2 Likes

That’s cool to see thanks for posting. Interesting to see how the lists are similar and how they differ. I have to stop saying interesting so much…

2 Likes

It would be interesting, fuck there it is again lol, if they could account for * and so a drug test fail would be - points or something.

What would be the redneck rank?

Do u know what the criteria is for this one?

1 Like

They use a rating system based on Elo, the same system used in chess. I don’t think the exact system is public.

1 Like

ELO good band

2 Likes

Couture has competed in a record 16 title fights. He is tied for the record for the most wins in UFC Heavyweight Championship bouts (6) with former UFC Heavyweight champion Stipe Miocic. He had the most title reigns in the UFC, with six.

1 Like

I don’t care what metric of “accomplishments” these people use Khabib is the best fighter.

Shut up queer boy.

1 Like

What a horrible list. Where’s Hughes? BJ? Saku? Shogun? Hendo?

Jon Jones has been involved in so much steroid controversy he doesn’t belong on the list.

DC? No way.

Usman? No way.

Stipe? No way.

Khabib? This is a joke list, right? Which win was it that put him on the GOAT list, Pat Healy, Darrell Horcher, or Ramazan Kurbanismailov? Maybe Ali Bagov? No ground game Conor or no ground game Dustin?

1 Like

DahUIvIU0AA_EbJ

Not saying I made the list or completely agree with it just posting for discussion.

And you do have a point that it has a lot of recency bias

Anyone that knows me know I got Fedor #1… then the rest lol

3 Likes

Saku @ 60 = don’t know wtf they talking about….with Weidman at 40. Lol.

1 Like

Yeah a lot of recency bias. Werdum and Overeem at #33 and #41 with Weidman above Overeem is what jumped out to me as well.

I think the Division #1’s though are pretty close to the actual GOATs of the divisions.

1 Like

Knew this dicktuck fag would show…#6 dude…lmao

Beyond recency: they have Moussasi at 42, Oliveira at 43.

1 Like

Dustin Poirier at #30 over Oliveira at #43 is pretty crazy but I have to assume that will be corrected eventually… and Mousasi #42 is too low.

1 Like