Top-10 NBA players of all time, per ESPN

Does this match your own top 10? Number one is a lock. 

I wonder how this list would be different if it was a player at their very best as opposed to whole career.

Bill Russell and Wilt Chamberlain shouldn't be on the list. These guys were playing against amateurs.

4 Likes

I think Lebron and Russell are both too high. Overall a solid list and I’m not sure ?????????? matters much after Jordan. But I’d definitely replace Russell, Duncan, or Kobe with Oscar Robertson. 

1 Like

KeezyDoesIt -

I wonder how this list would be different if it was a player at their very best as opposed to whole career.

Bird would be top 3

Sir Psycho Sexy -

Bill Russell and Wilt Chamberlain shouldn't be on the list. These guys were playing against amateurs.

That’s absolutely not right 

and chamberlain should be 1 or 2. 

1 Like

Def would put Hakeem over Shaq whatever place that is

2 Likes

Hakeem.

2 Likes

Kobe at his best # 1

1 Like

androb -
Sir Psycho Sexy -

Why? they were playing against scrubs that had part time jobs at the time. I highly doubt wilt would have had the numbers he has if he played after the 80s.

KeezyDoesIt - 

1. Jordan
2. Kareem
3. Shaq
4. Bird
5. Wilt

I was thinking Hakeem should be on there too. I also hear a lot of pro players mention how good Oscar Robertson was so I’m a little surprised to not see him in the list. 

1 Like

HaMMerHouseFAN - 

I was thinking Hakeem should be on there too. I also hear a lot of pro players mention how good Oscar Robertson was so I’m a little surprised to not see him in the list. 

Hard to make that list with less than 3 championships

Hakeem is at the same level as Curry and Durant...those 3 are in the teens.

Sir Psycho Sexy -
androb -
Sir Psycho Sexy -

Why? they were playing against scrubs that had part time jobs at the time. I highly doubt wilt would have had the numbers he has if he played after the 80s.

Wilt was ghe biggest strongest fastest highest jumper of any player ever in the history of the league 

he benched 500lbs

ran A sub 12 100 yard dash and 4.6 40

could touch the top of a backboard with his 46” vert 

all at 7-1+ 

he might be the most athletic man of all time 

he was not playing against scrubs...Less teams means the players aren’t watered down 

could he average 50 a night... I doubt it. 

but he could outrun anyone on the court and out jump any one on the court 

block shot or rebound - out run in transitions -dunk 

oh and he played every minute of every game doing just that. Actually one year he played more than 48 mpg ..So he doesn’t get tired . 

Had a 100 point game and averaged multiple years of 20 rpg

and never fouled out.. not once 

wilt chamberlain is the greatest basketball player of all time 

not the best teammate or best career or best winner 

he is the greatest 

1 Like

MJ is the 2’nd best basketball player 

but he has the #1 drive and determination and will to win. Something that wilt didn’t have. 
wilt would rather put a  50 burger on you than win a championship. 
bur that’s how he thought being perceived as the best would be achieved 

androb -
Sir Psycho Sexy -
androb -
Sir Psycho Sexy -

Wilt was ghe biggest strongest fastest highest jumper of any player ever in the history of the league 

he benched 500lbs

ran A sub 12 100 yard dash and 4.6 40

could touch the top of a backboard with his 46” vert 

all at 7-1+ 

he might be the most athletic man of all time 

he was not playing against scrubs...Less teams means the players aren’t watered down 

could he average 50 a night... I doubt it. 

but he could outrun anyone on the court and out jump any one on the court 

block shot or rebound - out run in transitions -dunk 

oh and he played every minute of every game doing just that. Actually one year he played more than 48 mpg ..So he doesn’t get tired . 

Had a 100 point game and averaged multiple years of 20 rpg

and never fouled out.. not once 

wilt chamberlain is the greatest basketball player of all time 

not the best teammate or best career or best winner 

he is the greatest 

Yeah, that's a no for me dawg. 

MJ 

This might be a controversial statement since his death is still so fresh, but Kobe wouldn't make my top 10. I said that when he retired and I'm sticking by it. I'd keep Shaq at 10, move Duncan to 9 and put Hakeem at 8. Then switch kareem and lebron and also switch Russell and Magic.

Mugsy should be Top 10 for his height.