top 10 Pro Wrestlers since 1970

In Ring ability, microphone ability and personality

1. Ric Flair ( Greatest)

2. Dusty Rhodes ( Great on the mic, was a huge draw for over 20 years)

3. Terry Funk ( Could work any type of match, long ass career)

4. Dick Murdoch ( Other wrestlers saw he was the absolute best in ring performer when he wanted)

5. Steve Austin ( For a short period, maybe the most over wrestler ever)

6. Shawn Michaels ( Amazing in ring worker, not a huge fan of his mic work)

7. The Rock ( Great in the ring and on the mic, great personality)

8. Hulk Hogan ( Would be higher, but his in ring work sucked)

9. Jerry Lawler ( Great on the microphone, great in ring and king of Memphis)

10. The Undertaker ( Great in ring, decent on the mic in my opinion. He could probably be higher)

I have no clue about the newer guys, so maybe someone else should make the list

3 Likes

primesith - 

Macho Man.

Grew up on WWF, never gave an F about mushmouth Flair.

You're correct, totally slipped my mind

None of them won an Olympic Gold with a broken freakin neck!

2 Likes

3 Likes

Chris Jericho has been a main eventer for 20 years and is still going strong at 50. 

2 Likes

Bret Hart imo was boring in the ring and on the microphone

1 Like

Well start by taking out Funk, Murdock and Lawler and replace with Bret Hart, Kurt Angle, and John Cena.

MrColdCock - 

Well start by taking out Funk, Murdock and Lawler and replace with Bret Hart, Kurt Angle, and John Cena.

Funk and Murdoch are 100% on the list

Razor Ramon

All three of those things combined, you simply have to have Roddy Piper in there. And Triple H too, I think he’s vastly underrated as an all rounder 

1 Like

Randy Savage is an all time great in all 3 categories

So we are just going to agree that Foley is God?

1 Like

Macho

Perfect

Rude

Hart

Stan Hansen

Razor

123 Kid

Superfly (popularity)

Muta

TB Enterprise and the Enforcer

1 Like

i think 70s is just too difficult. the eras and style and region-based systems just weren't compatible. plus, you would need to be in your 60s and have been a fan for 50 years in order to really give an informed opinion.

from '80 onward

1. Flair
2. Austin
3. Rock
4. Hogan
5. Rhodes
6. Michaels
7. Undertaker
8. Bret Hart
9. Mick Foley
10. Jerry Lawler

hororable mention to: funk, murdoch (maybe), angle, cena, macho man and many others

2 Likes

Lotsa people sleeping on Angle, man.

Angle had been amazing from day one.

2 Likes

VirusHoax - i think 70s is just too difficult. the eras and style and region-based systems just weren't compatible. plus, you would need to be in your 60s and have been a fan for 50 years in order to really give an informed opinion.

from '80 onward

1. Flair
2. Austin
3. Rock
4. Hogan
5. Rhodes
6. Michaels
7. Undertaker
8. Bret Hart
9. Mick Foley
10. Jerry Lawler

hororable mention to: funk, murdoch (maybe), angle, cena, macho man and many others

The top guys like Flair and Rhodes say he was the best

Adrian Street - 
VirusHoax - i think 70s is just too difficult. the eras and style and region-based systems just weren't compatible. plus, you would need to be in your 60s and have been a fan for 50 years in order to really give an informed opinion.

from '80 onward

1. Flair
2. Austin
3. Rock
4. Hogan
5. Rhodes
6. Michaels
7. Undertaker
8. Bret Hart
9. Mick Foley
10. Jerry Lawler

sure, its kind of insider view. the truly elite in any field always have a different take on what excellence is. its kind of like asking tarrantino who the best directors were.

but, wasn't even really a main eventer. if you are talking total package, he really can't be considered top 10 (imo)

Just talking old school

Maybe not the best but when these guys wrestled I was drawn to the TV.

Black Jack Mulligan
Big John Stud
Barry Windham
Ricky Steamboat

VirusHoax - 
Adrian Street - 

from '80 onward

1. Flair
2. Austin
3. Rock
4. Hogan
5. Rhodes
6. Michaels
7. Undertaker
8. Bret Hart
9. Mick Foley
10. Jerry Lawler

sure, its kind of insider view. the truly elite in any field always have a different take on what excellence is. its kind of like asking tarrantino who the best directors were.

but, wasn't even really a main eventer. if you are talking total package, he really can't be considered top 10 (imo)

very much a main eventer in the 1970s's