Top 10 Reality based martial arts

1. Chu Fen Do (SPEAR)

2. Vee Arnis Jitsu

-- I would put MMA here if you called it an 'art'--

3. Muay Thai (must spar!)

4. BJJ with Vale Tudo classes (must spar!)

5. Boxing/Kickboxing (must spar!)

6. Krav Maga + contact sparring

There's the Jim Wagner, Kelly McGann, Jim Grover, Hock Hockheim etc stuff that I don't know much about.

sanshou is good. the guys that practice this are able to integrate striking with takedowns better than most.

Shootboxing, wrestling, BJJ

my top three are miyagi do karate-if done right, no can defend.

jos son do-this martial art trains the testicles and scrotum for close quarters combat

and the most effective of all....GYMKATA!!!!!Gymkata utilizes cross training for a style that is till this day unbeatable in any street fight or sick foreign country game!!

track and field

1 Safta, 2 American Combato, 3 Defendo, 4 Senshido, 5 Krav Maga, 6 Jukado,7 Drop Zone Jujitsu,8 Ninjitsu, 9 Combat Hakkido, and 10....you guessed it....
Joe Son Do.

seriously guys... you would really shoot someone or stab someone cause some drunk is picking a fighting with you... i carry a stun gun in my truck, that way if some road rager tries to fuck with me i will electricute him and not have to worry too much about a life sentence in jail

DJing, confuse your opponent with complicated break beats and decapitate him with da wreckord!

In no order, boxing, wrestling, BJJ, Muay Thai, Kali.

keep it coming , this is getting interesting

you could add pro wrestling, there was a traffic accident where one guy did the jackhammer to another guy, it broke his collarbone and messed him up pretty bad. i've seen piledrivers in street fights.

lol...i've seen some pro wrestling stuff in mma even.

I don't think a gun really is too much against some drunk or whatever, and a total waste of bullets unless he has a gun himself. I think that there should be more schools that teach multiple arts instead of just one and they should have at least 1 striking style and 1 grappling style. A dojo I'm starting to go to tommorow for example teaches Muay Thai and Jiujitsu so I can fight standing and on the ground in case any of these 2 situations happen in a fight.

smith & wesson style rarely loses

ttt

ttt

ttt

1) Track and Field

2)  Tony Blauer's material

3) Tony Blauer's material

4) Tony Blauer's material

5) Tai Chi *

6) Tony Blauer's material

7) Tony Blauer's material

8) Tony Blauer's material

9) Tony Blauer's material

10) Tony Blauer's material

* in case someone attacks you in slow motion

ttt

No particular order

1 Judo

2. BJJ

3. wrestling

4. Muay Thai

5. Sambo

6. Savate

7. Boxing

8. San Shou

9. Scenario based training

10. Weapons training (stick/knife) with sparring

for self defense (and fun), pick 1 strong grappling style and 1 strong standup style from above. Add in weapons and maybe some scenario training.

For MMA, I think it has become a style unto itself. If you did for instance 5pm BJJ gi grappling 6PM boxing and 7PM wrestling, I don't think you would develop a flow to your fighting as fast as doing all these things tied into 1 class.

For self defense (in order of importance):

1. Tony Blauer's Personal Defense Readiness (Awareness, Fear Management, Psychological Strategy, Verbal De-escalation skills, understanding the "what happens" of a street fight, legal defensibility)
2. Tony Blauer's S.P.E.A.R. System (Quickest of physical skills because it's genetic and we already "know" it, ease of executability, covers ALL ranges, greatest confidence builder, non-perishability regardless of size, gender, age, or conditioning)
3. Running (best way not to get hit is not to be there!)
4. Boxing (Handwork, footwork, movement, pain tolerance)
5. Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu (Ability to get off your back and get to your feet)

For the MMA ring/octagon (in order of importance):

1. Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu (ground positioning, awareness, submissions)
2. Boxing (handwork, footwork, movement, pain tolerance)
3. Wrestling (balance, takedowns, awareness, and conditioning)
4. Muay Thai (elbows, knees, kicks, pain tolerance)
5. Judo (throws, submissions, pain tolerance)