top 5 gi dvds

Jason,

I don't know how many people had this problem, but I do know Carlos himself said there were a good number of complaints about this and he was very upset and embarrassed, but his hands were tied since he had no sets himself to send out.

Thanks for the heads up on the C. Machado set.
Jeff, which Jacare?

Rodrigo Medeiros BJJ set is awesome and I would venture to say any Machado dvd you can yer hands on (I saw JJ Machado's 1/2 guard tape and I liked it).

Ronaldo "Jacare" Souza - sorry, I forget there are two! (no disrespect to the elder)

I think it's at www.bjjtapes.com

primate is correct...

after i saw them, i contacted mr. machado. he emailed me back and some company based in pensacola, fl was in total control of it. i asked him if i could just go through him and i could not.  

i got my set off ebay, but they go fast or get bid up very high, as not too many folks want to part with such material...peace...john

and my list is:

1. Busta and Sperry in Master Series I

2. Saulo Gi 1

3. Infinite BJJ

4. Mederios set on Island (the best value without a doubt)

5. Master Series II

it is very critical to note this list excludes dvds that deal with specific areas...for example, the masterclass series on armlocks and chokes is excellent, as is the great escape dvd (and the list could go on and on)...peace...john 

Thanks guys. Between the private lessons that I am paying for and the many DVD's mentioned I am sure I will stay broke for awhile :-) Any good Judo for BJJ video suggestions?

Thanks,
Shane

I saw a few clips from Gustavo Dantas series that looked pretty good. Does anyone have these tapes?

ttt

Aside from the obvious sets (Sperry, Marcelo, Carlos, Jacare, PdP, Tinguinha, etc), here are some GREAT top five level sets that should be talked more about.

1. Will and Meyer Mastering Armbars
  2. Will and Meyer Mastering Chokes
  3. Baret Yoshida 3 DVD set
  4. Leo Viera's Extreme Mounts and Taking the Back
  5. Island's Rodrigo Medeiros

ttt

in no particular order:

1. Gracie Academy DVDs

2. Rodrigo Medrios Set

3. Renzo Gracie Advanced Blackbelt Series

4. Marcio Feitosa Series

5. Rey Diogo Series

NOTE: I haven't seen any of the gi Saulo series which many speak very highly. I also like portions of the Margarida and Jacare series.

1 & 2) Master series 1 & 2. You cant go wrong with Ze Mario.
3, 4, & 5) in no particular order Carlo Machado, and Marcelo garcia 2 & 3.

If there could be a 6th Garcia 1.