Top 5 - GOAT

I'd like to hear what everyone's thoughts are on the Top 5 GOAT with the Anderson news out there. It's kind of getting like the baseball HOF where the juicers are either condemned, or just thought of as doing what everyone else was doing. Bonds actually never tested positive but because of the eyeball test and guilt by association, everyone says his place in history is tainted.

Here's my top 5 with a reason for my #1.

#1 - GSP

GSP lost once in his last 19 fights...fluke KO to Matt Serra...came back and embarrassed Serra a year later to cement the idea that it truly was a FLUKE. Literally CLEANED out the division for 6 straight years...2007-2013. Each of these guys was thought to be in their PRIME when he made them look like amateurs....Koscheck, Hughes, Fitch, Penn, Alves, Hardy, Shields, Condit, Diaz...and a close decision, when he was mentally checked out, to Hendricks.

GOAT by a mile in my opinion. 170 will NEVER be cleared out for 6 straight years ever again. IMO that's the hardest weight class to remain on top because I think it has the most well rounded fighters (size/speed).

#2 - Anderson Silva (because everyone uses some form of PED's, don't kid yourself)

#3 - Jon Jones
#4 - Jose Aldo
#5 - Fedor

"everyone uses some form of PED's".

Who is the "everyone" I keep hearing about.

1 - Jones
2 - GSP
3 - McGregor
4 - Anderson
5 - BJ Phone Post 3.0

Well, you either take a guy off the list for PEDs, or you ignore it. You ignore Anderson. Fine.

During GSP's 2007-2013 run that you reference, 80% of the sport felt Anderson was the better fighter. How on earth can you claim GSP is the GOAT by a mile? I guess everyone was wrong at the time. Now, it's so clear GSP was actually better? Makes no sense.

1-Fedor
2-Anderson
3-GSP
4-Jones
5-Nog Phone Post 3.0

170 is the most stacked division. To date it has the most active fighters, and GSP ruled the division for years.

That said, GSP's career is pretty much over, as is Silva's. Jones is still going, and still in his prime. Who knows how far he can take his streak, there may come a time where it's simply undeniable he's the GOAT.

Jones
GSP
Fedor
Randy
BJ Phone Post 3.0

Fedor
GSP
Jones
Anderson

5th place is a take your pick from numerous legends. Those 4 are the only GOAT level in my opinion. Phone Post 3.0

Right Now:
1) BJ Penn
2) Fedor
3) GSP
4) Fedor
5) Jones

Before Silva PEDs:

1) Silva
2) GSP
3) Fedor
4) BJ Penn
5) Jones

After I recover from bitterness:

1) Fedor
2) GSP
3) Silva
4) BJ Penn
5) Jones

MrColdCock - Well, you either take a guy off the list for PEDs, or you ignore it. You ignore Anderson. Fine.

During GSP's 2007-2013 run that you reference, 80% of the sport felt Anderson was the better fighter. How on earth can you claim GSP is the GOAT by a mile? I guess everyone was wrong at the time. Now, it's so clear GSP was actually better? Makes no sense.

1-Fedor
2-Anderson
3-GSP
4-Jones
5-Nog Phone Post 3.0

Fedor #1 because why? His resume doesn't stack up even close to GSP, Silva, or Jones. He comes to fight in the US and goes 3 and 3...losing his last 3. How does he come in higher than any of those 3?

Fedor
Fedor
Fedor
Fedor
Sakuraba Phone Post 3.0

topshelf720 -
MrColdCock - Well, you either take a guy off the list for PEDs, or you ignore it. You ignore Anderson. Fine.

1-Fedor
2-Anderson
3-GSP
4-Jones
5-Nog Phone Post 3.0

Fedor #1 because why? His resume doesn't stack up even close to GSP, Silva, or Jones. He comes to fight in the US and goes 3 and 3...losing his last 3. How does he come in higher than any of those 3?
His resume doesn't come close? WTF? Just because you weren't watching doesn't mean it didn't happen.

30-0 over 10 years to start his career.

12 wins over top 10 HWs

Spent most of that time as the top fighter on the planet. The best fighter on the planet for nearly 10 years!!!

Not only that, but recognized as the best pound for pound fighter in the planet for most of that time. How often in MMA or boxing for that matter is the pound for pound king a heavyweight. It's virtually unheard of, yet Fedor was that guy for nearly 10 years.

Not GOAT worthy? I feel sorry for you. You missed out. Phone Post 3.0