Top 5 MMA Gyms in Ontario?

without anyone talking trash on other people, who do yu guys think is the top 5 gyms in the province? Top like producing actual fighters and has good instructors

i dont get it

Leading Edge Gym, Thunder Bay

fighters include

myself
Matt Veal
Nathan Gunn
Brett Pearson
Andrew Elliott
Dave Letourneau

Our gym has a 75% win rate and we made weight 100% of the time and never backed out of a fight before

Elliott helps us train in Sarnia when he comes home, would love to see him back in the cage soon

that being said, Adrenaline without a doubt is the top gym in Ontario.

Stout, hominick, horodecki, clements, cunningham, gross, haourt etc......

FIT MMA Ottawa
Xtreme Couture (TAP STAR) Toronto
Team Shredder Sudbury
Bruckmann's Martial Arts Oshawa
Adrenalin London
That is rating on coaches, fighters, Facility.

Farmer

canadachaos - ... and we made weight 100%...
With all due respect this is just expected, and not something that should be applauded.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k2Pc6bFRKgg

duplicate post

duplicate post

Josh is shogun up here training for the fight? Sergio told me he was staying in curitiba to train. If not that is cool and when did he leave for vegas? how was he looking? what was his weight? You can't leave us hanging. throw us a bone.

Shogun trained in Curitiba for this fight. He left for America on Sunday weighing 98 kilos.

Are you talking about Sergio Negão?

1armedScissor - 
canadachaos - ... and we made weight 100%...
With all due respect this is just expected, and not something that should be applauded.

i agree it should be expected but it seems almost every show now theres someone not making weight. Im just saying that to show were professional and dedicated athletes. I also forgot to mention coach matt richer is among the best in the country

thewood - Elliott helps us train in Sarnia when he comes home, would love to see him back in the cage soon

that being said, Adrenaline without a doubt is the top gym in Ontario.

Stout, hominick, horodecki, clements, cunningham, gross, haourt etc......

imo andrew has the most potential go to far in mma out of all ontario athletes. Its too bad he ran into concussion problems

I might be (OK, I AM) a bit biased, but I think, after a year, things at Xtreme Couture are really starting to take shape.

Our Jiu Jitsu is so top notch.... Wagnney is teaching now, adding another top black belt to our already top black belts like Spider and Bocek.... Sam Zakula is really starting to come into his own and has a new focus and a great attitude... Misha is, well, Misha. Scary powerful and scary technical.

Bauman and Nick johnson have been teaching top shelf wrestling. Top level wrestlers are training here now.

Striking wise, we have the mma striking of the Adrenaline cats (who, incidentally, have an insanely great thing going in London), top notch Muay Thai in Jen and marco and Sasha, and great boxing in Tony. Other great boxing coaches are coming around in the morning, too, including Billy Martin.

And hey, I think everyone will admit there was some growing pains team-wise, but it feels like a great place these days.

Sometimes Mr. Stables has me as a guest at Mecca, since I live downtown and can't spend all my time on Kipling at Xtreme, and he has a great place. Family vibe. Awesome jiu-jitsu. Great warm, welcoming people. All that and fucking Lachlan, too.
And Geoff Gervitz and his dungeon of strength, conditioning, and death there, BANG fitness.

Always enjoyed training at Toronto BJJ, and they have some amazing coaches and fighters. Fantastic environment.

Lotsa great places to train MMA in Toronto.

Andrew Elliot probably has the best wrestling credentials of any MMA fighter in Canada with the exception of Adrian Wooley or Tim Wadsworth.  Scary thing is he likes banging probably more than grappling and he is as tough as they come.  Now that he's left Thunder Bay I'd love to see him get with a top club and really start to shake things up. 

Edit: I didn't mean that to sound like leading edge isn't a top club, but when I re-read that I realized that's how it sounded.  I think Leading Edge is one of the most underated clubs in the province, probably because of the location.  How does a 15 hour drive from Toronto sound?

flo17 - Shogun trained in Curitiba for this fight. He left for America on Sunday weighing 98 kilos.

Are you talking about Sergio Negão?

Nope Sergios Cuhna his trainer from the Lidell fight. They parted ways and Sergio said that he was training in Curitiba this time (not Sao paulo) and when josh posted the video I thought he might have been here so i was a little confused. Thanks for clearing that up.

No offence to Andrew Elliot...but he is far from the 3rd most accomplished wrestler in MMA in Canada.

The following guys fight MMA in Canada and on paper they have accomplished far more in wrestling then Elliot has.

-Sean Pierson Multi time National Champ, CIAU champ, OUA champ, senior national greco champ,
-Colin Daynes 96 Olympian
-Ainsley Robinson 96 Olympian

bbomber -  Andrew Elliot probably has the best wrestling credentials of any MMA fighter in Canada with the exception of Adrian Wooley or Tim Wadsworth.  Scary thing is he likes banging probably more than grappling and he is as tough as they come.  Now that he's left Thunder Bay I'd love to see him get with a top club and really start to shake things up. 

Edit: I didn't mean that to sound like leading edge isn't a top club, but when I re-read that I realized that's how it sounded.  I think Leading Edge is one of the most underated clubs in the province, probably because of the location.  How does a 15 hour drive from Toronto sound?

Ainsley Robinson has some pretty good wrestling credentials imo.

oops!  posted before I read the whole thread.  Sorry.

"Ainsley Robinson has some pretty good wrestling credentials imo."

^^^ 1armedScissor is correct