Top Level Training Certification

So, you've been to my gym? Just kidding! All of a sudden I'm hungry though.

ttt

ttt

ttt

ttt

Thanks, Martin. I appreciate the props! ttt

TTT for the scariest person I have ever met

btw, how are things Jeff?

Great, Chux! When you stoppin' by the club?

ttt

NASM is indeed the real deal. I'm CPT certified and planning to start CES certification in a few weeks...

Jiffy Jeff, by "gone through" does that mean you're certified in all the other programs you listed?

In your opinion, what are the pros and cons of NSCA and ACSM?

And aside from being more rigorous and applicable, are there any other reasons why you feel NASM is the best?

NASM gives you a system to follow. I am a corporate director for a personal training program at three gyms and the biggest hassle trainers face, besides selling, is the time it takes to generate a practical, efficient and effective program design. The NASM provides a solution for this with their OPT model. Nobody else does this. Trainers are a particular breed (read Rich Dad Poor Dad and Cashflow Quadrant by Kiyosaki)of sole proprietor. They want absolute determination over their income and processes. That's fine but the real world demands real solutions quickly and most would-be trainers find out fast that their newly acquired certification and years of time in the gym are not enough to produce high quality programs for their clients. Especially if the client asks the age old question, "Why are we doing this?". The NASM practitioner, through the guidance of the templates provided, can answer that question with confidence because they are backed up by a system proven effective time and again. BTW, I loved the CES program! Very simple and straightforward way to correct movement imbalances which are one of the main causes for painful conditions and non-contact injuries. You would enjoy reading Shirley Sahrmann's, Diagnosis and Treatment of Movement Impairment Syndromes if you enjoy doing corrective work. She is actually kind of the heart and soul of the movement in personal training to correct movement patterns for pain relief and higher levels of function/performance.

Wow, many thanks Jiffy Jeff. Sounds like NASM is certainly the best FIRST certification to get given the OPT system.

Sounds like personally I should follow up with the CES as well :)

TTT

ttt

RuleDogg, I think it is a must have if you want to either begin working in the industry or if you want to keep your skills current with the rapid changes in our industry. Everybody is shifting to a functional model. It just makes good scientific, practical and ethical sense if you want to get PREDICTABLE, high quality results with your client.

ttt

ttt

ttt

ttt

ttt