Top Muay Thai in U.S. ?

I have been thinking about moving recently and in the process was considering training opportunities. I need a place to finish the last year or two of college and this got me thinking...Where would be a good place to move for a killer training environment?

Who are the top rated Muay Thai coaches in the U.S.?

Is there a U.S. "Mecca" of Muay Thai?

No doubt there are some underground guys I could never discover via the internet, but as far was mainstream goes, what gyms or coaches get your votes?

I am interested to hear what you guys have to say.

No Dice?

Screw it then, I guess I have to move to train with Dave Rogers.

Who else? Fairtex in S.F.? Duke Roufus? Sityodtong?

?!?!?!?!?!

Whoa dude, do I know you? Fairtex is a good place, I've met and worked with Duke, you cant go wrong with him. Sityodtong & Lanna are great gyms and have a lot of great fighters. Hyena's in LV and Bryan Popejoy @ BoxingWorks in Hermosa Beach CA.

Again, do we know each other?

This thread has been done many times on here, invariably the more people that post the less there is a consensus and the more nominees there are. IMO there is no one or even two schools that clearly rise to the top.

Dave, I was simply saying that you are one of the biggest name guys that comes to mind from this forum so I could go train with you. Not that you suck and I am forced to go train with you cause no one will recommend someone else. Sorry for the mix up.

My dad lives outside Chicago and I was thinking of taking a trip out there labor day weekend, so that may actually happen!

Scoup: I can understand that.

I second Bryan Popejoy as well. Also, Khun Khru Bryan Dobler is an excellent hardcore teacher that also has Ajarn Rex in house now as well. Excellent, excellent high level Muay Thai. AND, Colonel Natapong of the Thai military who teaches Muay Boran and Krabi Krabong is also there, although he is going back to Thailand in about a month. Ajarn Greg Nelson is also a top notch Muay Thai coach in Minnesota. All of these guys were teaching at this years camp and it was just a phenomenal experience.

There are just really good instructors all over the place depending on what kind of coaching you are looking for.

hay if you in AZ come on down to the lions den in scottsdale. we have only been open a year but but my team of trainers have been with me from the fairtex days, we stay very busy. lionsdenaz.com

Yes def.... check out Bob Karmel in the AZ, and I second Greg Nelson as well, and hey, I mean if you got the means to "move" wherever you want, go International and try Bangkok. sure would be the right time to try it.

PS. and oh I just saw that you (Idelogic) said that I (ME "Dave Rogers") was one of the BIG names in here......!!!! I hate to say it but you got to get out more young man. Thats the funniest thing I've read in a long time

Go to Breda, Netherlands and train with Golden Glory.

YumYumPandaburger - Go to Breda, Netherlands and train with Golden Glory.

Yeah..because your going to learn the intricate parts of knees and elbows in the clench, at a world class kickboxing gym that doesn't focus on Muay Thai scoring.

Doooohhh!!!!

Come to Boston and train at Sityodtong.

Right now with have Kru Toy Sennanan here for another month. He is one of the top coaches in Thailand and has trained many Lumpini champs. He's also the head trainer at Sityodtong in Pattaya.

Of course, the real reason to come is the awesomely awesome, mega-handsome, super fucking rad trainer Paul. That dude rules. Seriously, he shits lightning and farts thunder. Jesus would pay him top dollar for private lessons, even though Jesus is the son of God and stuff.

WizzleTeatsv2 - Come to Boston and train at Sityodtong.

Right now with have Kru Toy Sennanan here for another month. He is one of the top coaches in Thailand and has trained many Lumpini champs. He's also the head trainer at Sityodtong in Pattaya.

Of course, the real reason to come is the awesomely awesome, mega-handsome, super fucking rad trainer Paul. That dude rules. Seriously, he shits condoms and farts thunder. Jesus would pay him top dollar for private lessons, even though Jesus is the son of God and stuff.

:)

TTT for Sityodtong Boston.

Kru Toy is a legend in Thailand.

lol...I see what you did there.

AND YOU SAID YOU'D NEVER TELL!!!!

LOL :)

And here I thought I was being clever.

One time Paul invited me out for a drink. He took me to a vacant lot and told me to sit down. 2 years later they built a pub around us and served us. It was the best beer I ever drank.

Unfortunately for SBB, that beer was chock full of roofies.

ohio ky in
tristate area

you wont find a better Thai trainer than Neal Rowe

Vegas, boston, san fransico, new york, san diego.

No clear 'mecca' there, but if you want to try out a bunch of gyms each of those cities are pretty dense with them.

Sitan Gym AZ Thiago Azeredo