Top NFL Prospect Nick Bosa is MAGA but Afraid

Nick Bosa: I stopped pro-Trump tweets because I might go to San Francisco

Former Ohio State defensive end Nick Bosa was once outspoken on Twitter. Now he’s less so.

Bosa, who has praised President Trump and called Colin Kaepernick a “clown” in tweets that he later deleted, told Kevin Van Valkenburg of ESPN.com that he decided giving up his political tweeting was only practical because he might get drafted by the 49ers, who represent one of the most liberal cities in America.

I had to,” Bosa said. “There is a chance I might end up in San Francisco.”

Bosa, of course, didn’t “have to” do anything. For an example of a player who chose to prioritize his freedom of expression over his NFL career, he need only look to Kaepernick, the so-called “clown” who isn’t in the NFL anymore because he kneeled during the national anthem. And Bosa certainly wouldn’t have suffered the same fate as Kaepernick — he’d get drafted no matter how much he tweeted about politics, although some teams might be weary of a player who would be polarizing with the fan base.

Not wanting to risk a backlash, Bosa is now keeping his political opinions to himself.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/04/10/nick-bosa-i-stopped-pro-trump-tweets-because-i-might-go-to-san-francisco/

"Polarizing" aka agreeing with half the country

Sad that half the country can’t openly support the president of the United States for fear of backlash, doxxing and attacks from the unhinged left. 

ryans -

Thats essentially the definition of polarizing

Shit if it meant staying off the Niners I’d be upping my tweet count 

AlchemyIronworks -
ryans -

Thats essentially the definition of polarizing

Half the country? More like 50%.

CMX -

This exactly. 

I would pull an Elway.

https://www.nytimes.com/1983/04/27/sports/colts-pick-elway-but-the-quarterback-refuses-to-go.html

Bosa is a pussy- what kind of man hides who he is? 

phatcat -

You. 

Username: phatcat

camicom - 
CMX -

This exactly. 

I would pull an Elway.

https://www.nytimes.com/1983/04/27/sports/colts-pick-elway-but-the-quarterback-refuses-to-go.html

except Elway had a back up plan

The Yankees drafted him and he was already playing in their farm system

Ramon Maroni -
camicom - 
CMX -

This exactly. 

I would pull an Elway.

except Elway had a back up plan

The Yankees drafted him and he was already playing in their farm system

True

Hopefully if he gets selected by the 49ers when they call his name, he walk up to the commisioner, puts on the 49ers hat, then removes it and pulls a MAGA hat out of his jacket and puts it on instead.

Huggsbear - 

Hopefully if he gets selected by the 49ers when they call his name, he walk up to the commisioner, puts on the 49ers hat, then removes it and pulls a MAGA hat out of his jacket and puts it on instead.

Epic

Never cared what ball game players thought about politics. Still don't.

Hikikomori -

Nick Bosa: I stopped pro-Trump tweets because I might go to San Francisco

Former Ohio State defensive end Nick Bosa was once outspoken on Twitter. Now he’s less so.

Bosa, who has praised President Trump and called Colin Kaepernick a “clown” in tweets that he later deleted, told Kevin Van Valkenburg of ESPN.com that he decided giving up his political tweeting was only practical because he might get drafted by the 49ers, who represent one of the most liberal cities in America.

“I had to,” Bosa said. “There is a chance I might end up in San Francisco.”

Bosa, of course, didn’t “have to” do anything. For an example of a player who chose to prioritize his freedom of expression over his NFL career, he need only look to Kaepernick, the so-called “clown” who isn’t in the NFL anymore because he kneeled during the national anthem. And Bosa certainly wouldn’t have suffered the same fate as Kaepernick — he’d get drafted no matter how much he tweeted about politics, although some teams might be weary of a player who would be polarizing with the fan base.

Not wanting to risk a backlash, Bosa is now keeping his political opinions to himself.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/04/10/nick-bosa-i-stopped-pro-trump-tweets-because-i-might-go-to-san-francisco/

Apparently, someone can be a highly paid professional journalist working for one of the largest media companies in the world and not know the difference betweenm weary and wary.

How many days before he posts anti trump tweets? I give him a good solid 2 weeks.

Sounds like a real genius. 

Kings21 -

How many days before he posts anti trump tweets? I give him a good solid 2 weeks.

You're on!

phatcat -

Jordan did the same thing 

“republicans buy sneakers too”

id rather have the athletes shut up and play. I don’t care to know their political leanings - same as actors - musicians etc. 

All they or anyone should say is “I hope the president succeeds”

KZTT_MMAfan55 -
phatcat -

You. 

Username: phatcat

Says KZTT - your attempted point is retarted.  If you are gonna stay silent for business purposes just stay quiet. Announcing it is stupid and cowardly