top reason to HATE!!! mma

Every other fight you want neither fighter to lose. (And, compared to most other sports losses stay with you forever.)

I can't think of a sport where this is the case in pretty much every event. (You rarely have boxing fans rooting for both guys.)

I want Mir to do well, but Nog losing like that breaks my heart. I rooted for Saku AND Wand. And Sakuraba vs Royce/Royler, and Conan and Smith and...

I guess I'm too soft for this shit.

hmmm... That's one of the things I love about MMA. Two fighter go at it (Wandy vs Cung Le) that are both favs 

I'll admit though... Watching Nog lose that way was sad

I totally get where you're coming from. My adrenaline was through the roof when Hendo and Fedor were being introduced. I agree with Poster Boy's Mod though, that is part of the fun of it. MMA is interesting for me in that when one of my favorites is fighting, I actually get nervous beforehand. I love that feeling and the fact that a sport can make me feel that way about someone that I've never met is crazy.

it doesn't typically bother me... unless it's something like when anderson silva just destroyed rich franklin (first fight). i remember having an almost sick feeling after that one... felt really bad for franklin. (maybe it was the 2nd fight i forget).

also was hard to see chuck keep getting knocked out...

stuff like that, but it's the nature of the sport i guess.

When I'm rooting for both guys, I feel more grief about the one losing than I rejoice in the other one winning.

So, this sport is basically a lose-lose to me.

thanks to this forum i have a solution. theres 2 fighters i like equally, who do i root for? the one thaT has the least nuthuggers, or the 1 the ug hates most.

^ok, I guess you could call that the hipster technique.

I'm too old for any of that, though.

My grief over a Fedor loss is the same, regardless if he is a saint or a has been on the UG.

The so called, "fans." Phone Post

Top reason to hate MMA is that no one is allowed to be charismatic anymore, every fighter is funneled down a generic Zuffa pipe. Makes everything so mundane and boring

OP,

I know exactly what you mean, but becoming so emotionally invested in the fighters is also one of the greatest things about MMA.

Thing I hate most about MMA? The fans who boo the second the fight hits the ground. It doesn't happen as often anymore, but it happened a couple times at UFC 140. It makes me wonder why kickboxing has never taken off in North America, seems like all the fans want is kickboxing anyway.

CDarwin - Every other fight you want neither fighter to lose. (And, compared to most other sports losses stay with you forever.)

I can't think of a sport where this is the case in pretty much every event. (You rarely have boxing fans rooting for both guys.)

I want Mir to do well, but Nog losing like that breaks my heart. I rooted for Saku AND Wand. And Sakuraba vs Royce/Royler, and Conan and Smith and...

I guess I'm too soft for this shit.

I wouldn't say that. Having an emotional investment in the participants of the sport you've come to love is the sign of a true-blue fan. 

the top reason has to be u r a balless coward who needs Steroids, TRT, HGH, PCP, and or cocaine to face alpha males.

CDarwin - When I'm rooting for both guys, I feel more grief about the one losing than I rejoice in the other one winning.

So, this sport is basically a lose-lose to me.

Same here at times.

It seems like lately my favorite fighters have been matched up constantly. Hendo/Fedor, Machida/Shogun/Jones, Anderson/Vitor, Wand/Le, etc.

It makes it difficult to watch one of them win in any sort of devastating fashion.

Nature of our sport I suppose...

It wouldn't be so bad if the UFC brass, and mostly the "fans" wouldn't drop the loser of a bout like he has the bad aids.