Torn ankle ligaments

I recently injured my ankle and tore all the ligaments on the outside, the ligament between the tib/fib, and the ligament on the inside (deltoid).

All but the deltoid ligament was repaired or replaced. The Dr said at my age 39 it's not worth it to repair the deltoid ligament.

Does anyone have experience with this?

Yes, I hope yours heals better than my ankle did, I still have trouble walking sometimes 3 years later. I get rand shark stabbing pains and have to sit down for a few minutes

1 Like

Thanks, i had surgery bout 45 days ago. Just got a walking boot and told to put about 15lbs of pressure on it a couple times a day.. The Dr wants to be very conservative with rehab. 

Guzzo -

Thanks, i had surgery bout 45 days ago. Just got a walking boot and told to put about 15lbs of pressure on it a couple times a day.. The Dr wants to be very conservative with rehab. 

Yeah I wish I had listened to my doctor, I thought I was good and went back to playing sports as soon as it felt good enough to, and I've regretted it ever since

1 Like

Just try to take it easy for as long as possible it will get better, 100% in 6-8 weeks 

try a 3 day fast with electrolytes to boost up hgh for better recovery while you are immobilized

1 Like

I fucked an ankle Skateboarding almost three years ago. It wasn't that serious that it required surgery, but after all this time it's still not fully healed.... I'm much older, though :'(

Hope you have a better outcome, Guzzo. 

1 Like

Thanks, luckily it happened at work and they're being cool about it so I don't have to stress about that.

jon b -

Just try to take it easy for as long as possible it will get better, 100% in 6-8 weeks 

try a 3 day fast with electrolytes to boost up hgh for better recovery while you are immobilized

It will not even be close to 100% in 6-8 weeks