torque wrench brand

I have only purchased a craftsman in the past, and that broke. Part of it was plastic.

I know snap-on has a great rep but I don't see them on amazon. Is it worth finding a snap on locally (I hate interacting with people) or can I stay a shut in and order another brand online with amazon?

The primary, or at least first use, will be for some after market wheels I purchased. In the past I had always just used pft lbs on the lug nuts but the wheel vendor insisted on using a torque wrench.

Thanks in advanced all. If I was blue i'd post tits, but cant so use your imagination....

Snap on is awesome. My brother in law owns a franchise and I help him out from time to time. We have a digital Torque Wrench that does inch pounds, foot pounds, newtons and something else. I think it's $350.

Tuefel Hunden - 

Snap on is awesome. My brother in law owns a franchise and I help him out from time to time. We have a digital Torque Wrench that does inch pounds, foot pounds, newtons and something else. I think it's $350.

How about non digit? Where are you located?

unless digital is really more accurate than non.

Doesn't SEARS replace Craftsman tools if they break for free?? They have a lifetime warranty Phone Post 3.0

sockeye - Doesn't SEARS replace Craftsman tools if they break for free?? They have a lifetime warranty Phone Post 3.0

From what I recall this wasn't covered since it wasn't a single solid piece of metal with virtually no chance of breaking.

Regardless, I'm no longer in possession of it.

Gearwrench torque wrenches are made in the usa and are really great quality. I have a 1/4" and 3/8" from them and they work great. They are available on amazon and better quality than craftsman. Phone Post 3.0

TheParrot - 
Tuefel Hunden - 

How about non digit? Where are you located?

The Digital is bad a$$... it allows you to have 4 torque wrenches in 1. I am in VA

Any decent torque wrench will have inch pounds, foot pounds, and newton meters. Phone Post 3.0

I have a snap on digital that I like. If I were you OP I would head to a pawn shop, estate sale, etc buying tools online can be expensive. Phone Post 3.0

There is a snap-on 1/2 drive non digital on Amazon for $143. Phone Post 3.0