Torrents killing my business. PLEASE READ!

Hi all, I run a small production company and like many are struggling to make a living in todays economy.

I used to produce DVDs but due to excessive piracy, I had to stop. It was a loss market where thousands would just download.

For this reason, I have moved to encrypted downloads in an effort to gain some control.
But, I also have brought prices WAY down to show the fans and martial artists, that its not a gread control thing.

Recently I started to produce weekly teaching series with the best instructors in the world.
Braulio Estima, Neil Adams, Marcelo Brigadeiro...

Quality instruction for very little money. Im looking to do these WEEKLY and ongoing, trying to produce something special for you the fans.

Ive only just released the series, and only sold a handful of lessons so far to fantastic 10/10 reviews. The response from customers has been brilliant!

Then I checked the torrent sites, and already found hundreds of downloads for the series.

I cant blame people for downloading, Ive done it myself as we all have.

But, I have made this series CHEAP at £6 each in order to make it affordable. The costs for producing it are considerable.

If the downloads continue to stop the sales, the people trying to benefit will end up killing the series... and putting me out of business.

So, this is an appeal to those who have said how good the series is, just to go and download it and not buy it.

PLEASE - support your sport.

Im not the UFC with £££$$$ in the bank, I cant afford to take as big a hit as they can.
Ive made lesson free, and then the rest are cheap. If you have enjoyed what youve seen and want more, PLEASE PLEASE, just this once, do the right thing. We have big things planned for these series and will be giving lots of free lessons, seminars etc away also. Unless, things dont change.

Series is available at www.cagefilm.com/shop

Support your champions, support your sport and support those who like you, are trying to make a living and do something valuable with their time.

Appreciate it.

Tim
CageFilm

Cut your losses now. If you can't withstand a little piracy now, your fighting a losing battle.

(I'm not saying it's right, or that you should accept piracy, but if it's already an issue, you might as well call it a day.)

Goodluck Tim shame if this would force you out

I bought all of Braulio's vids so far, they are fantastic. I will be really bummed if this series doesn't continue!!

ttt

YOU CAN GET THEM TO TAKE YOUR STUFF DOWN...THE AMOUNT OF SITES THAT CARRY MA STUFF IS LIMITED....

Sorry, but I stopped reading after this.

"I cant blame people for downloading, Ive done it myself as we all have."

But I don't do MMA or Grappling so I won't download (or buy) the stuff anyways hehe.

FondledbyRainbowPants - Sorry, but I stopped reading after this.

"I cant blame people for downloading, Ive done it myself as we all have."

Actually I have never done this.

mteub - YOU CAN GET THEM TO TAKE YOUR STUFF DOWN...THE AMOUNT OF SITES THAT CARRY MA STUFF IS LIMITED....

No you can't, because the sites don't have his stuff. Torrent trackers don't actually host any files.

JOB - 
mteub - YOU CAN GET THEM TO TAKE YOUR STUFF DOWN...THE AMOUNT OF SITES THAT CARRY MA STUFF IS LIMITED....

No you can't, because the sites don't have his stuff. Torrent trackers don't actually host any files.

SITES CAN TAKE LINKS DOWN CORRECT?.....

Just watched that Estima sample, man that's some good instruction there

lol @ blaming torrents for your failing business. like inf0 says, torrents and other means of obtaining content that is distributed digitally will not be going anywhere. maybe making videos isn't for you.

while that sounds harsh... i work in the tv/film industry and can tell you it's the truth. right now people are downloading music, tv shows, movies, applications, books, and even mma instructionals... sucks you feel torrents are taking you out but it is part of how the world works these days; either adapt or fold.

I remember having to pay for a DTV dish and subscription just to be able to purchase the UFC. Now, people want feeds to watch events on Showtime. Not only has the sport changed but so has the fan.

Keep supporting the sport gang....lol

lrn2adapt

frat! being in biz is tough. did you not see this coming?

Have you ever thought of making the vids free and just make money off advertising? You could make the vids shorter and just add commercials. It would depend on how much you are making in dvd sales and how much traffic your site could potentially bring.

n3m - Have you ever thought of making the vids free and just make money off advertising? You could make the vids shorter and just add commercials. It would depend on how much you are making in dvd sales and how much traffic your site could potentially bring.

This.

Good luck to you. 

On the subject -- I don't think you can fairly translate number of downloads equally to lost sales.  My opinion is probably the vast majority of pirated downloads are from people who never would have bought anyway...just sort of watch if they can for free (or very cheap) -- if not then don't watch it all.

I am not a proponent of torrents or piracy, however, I would much more  likely fall into the catagory of what I posted above.  If it's something I want to buy and see, I'll buy it for sure.  If it's something I don't really care whether I see or not, then I'm not buying it either way.

Jefe de Jefes - 
n3m - Have you ever thought of making the vids free and just make money off advertising? You could make the vids shorter and just add commercials. It would depend on how much you are making in dvd sales and how much traffic your site could potentially bring.

This.

He is right. Run the site like an affiliate site and you will make loads of money. ads + email sign up list = bucks.

ttt